Chapter Two

After sitting around for a bit I went and I fall asleep behind Aurora. I woke up sometime later to a sharp high pitched scream. I sit up quickly and I look around but Aurora isn't here. I stand up quickly and I bolt out of the room, through the living room, and into the kitchen. 

Aurora is sitting on the ground and her hand is bleeding. I push my dad out of the way and I grab a towel from the counter before wrapping it around her hand. 

I look up at my dad but he shakes his head, "She dropped a glass and tried picking it up. I didn't do it Autumn."

I take deep breathes to try calming myself down a bit before picking her up and bringing her to my room. I set her down on my bed before grabbing my first aid kit from under my bed. I need a first aid kit when I'm always getting hurt.

I wrap her hand before asking her what happened. 

She looks down, "I d-didn't mean to but I dropped a glass..."

I nod and I kiss her forehead, "It's fine. It was a cheap mug anyway so don't worry."

I mentally sigh, that was the only thing that my mom ever gave me. I mean other than life I guess.

"We should go get some ice cream!" I say using my finger to raise her head up.

She sighs, "I don't have any money."

I smile at her, "You're like eight. I'll pay for you."

She smiles, "Can I get a vanilla cone?"

I nod, "You can get whatever you want."

She smiles and stands up quickly. I shove the first aid kit under my futon and I put my grey vans that match my outfit perfectly. I'm wearing some light grey skinny jeans that have cuts in them and a baggy faded black and white tank top.

I grab my wallet off of my counter and I shove it in my back pocket before lightly grabbing Aurora's hand. After exiting the room I turn to my father and I tell him that we're leaving.

He nods taking another sip of his beer. I smile and I walk out of the house joking around with Aurora. Unlike other people, I didn't know I miss her until she was back.