Chapter five- Suspicions

Hitaro POV

After Hitaro's mom left for work, he decided to search her room just in case the girl he saw, was hinting at something. He tested the door knob half hoping it was locked, it wasn't. The room looked like any typical room, there was a bed, a desk, a night stand, and a closet. Hitaro decided to check the  closet first, the only thing he found was shoes and clothes like a typical closet. Next he searched the desk drawers, only to find make up, a brush, and a mirror. Then Hitaro checks the night stand, finding only a few books, that he shakes vigorously in case there may be something hidden in one. 

He decides if there really is something to find in that room, that its hidden much better then expected. Hitaro thinks about all the movies and books hes enjoyed involving clues, and looks under the bed, inspecting the underbelly for cuts in the thin fabric. He finds one, near the corner by the night stand, where anyone else would have missed. There is nothing resting on the fabric, so the fabric remains its natural shape throwing off anyone who'd think of hidden objects being there. Hitaro slips his hand inside the cut, grasping a smooth piece of paper stuck under the wooden beams of the box spring. 

Unfortunately as he pulls out his hand--"Ouch!" Hitaro starts bleeding, a staple from the wooden frame, that was undone had cut his hand. "crap!" He sucked on the bloody wound so the blood wouldn't end up on the floor. 'i cant leave any evidence of being in here' The wound stung as he crawled out from under the bed. Opening the desk drawers, Hitaro takes the mirror, thinking it might have something to do with this whole mystery. Quickly he shuts the desk drawer, hearing his mothers car pull into the drive way. Hitaro runs up stairs to the bathroom and bandages his hand. The adrenaline pushing his body to be quick despite his lack of rest.

Finally he has a chance to look at the glossy paper he found, its a hospital photo of two babies. Below the photo it says the genders and the date. 

MALE & FEMALE TWINS BORN ON JANUARY 1/1999

'that's my birthday, do i have a twin? is that my sister? why would mom hide this? what happened?'