The Fallen: Meniva - Lady of Life

O Blessed Lady of Love and Beauty,
How your children mourn your loss.
You, who taught us the Bliss of Fire,
Our Lady of the Kindled Union.
Without you, we would not know life,
Within your chains, I pray you would see us
May the beauty of your children bring you peace.
Thank you, O Lovely Mother, Queen of Life,
That we may know love and find our soul's other half.

-A Prayer for Meniva

It is often argued that Meniva, not Udana, is the true spark that ignited the wildfire of passions that led to the sins of the Fallen. For if the Queen of Love and Beauty had not encouraged the Moon Keeper's unrequited love for the Prince of Shepherds, perhaps Udana's heart would not have been so inflamed by Endymion's seductions.

Once the deed was done, and punishment not met out upon her sister, Meniva became consumed by her own nature and burned with passion for the handsome young hunter, Kephlius. One day, while Kephlius was hunting, Meniva transformed herself into a beautiful white hart, and baited the young hunter until thoughts of his prey consumed him. Once she let Kephlius catch her, Meniva transformed and shined her divine splendor upon him. Though he had an earthly wife, Kephlius forsook his bride to remain with Meniva in their grotto of bliss. The Lady of Life bore her human paramour six children, including the three Daughters of Discord-maidens of such exceptional beauty that nations and kingdoms were destroyed on account of the wars fought over them.

Because Meniva taught her children about art, beauty, and love, their kingdom was the most splendidly adorned of all the Primeval dominions. The only works of art that rivaled the frescos and sculptures, however, were Meniva's children themselves, whose beauty and splendor could not be rivaled by the most celebrated maidens among the Naphalei today.

With the Queen of Life's fall, came vanity, pride, jealousy, and hatred-arguably the most deadly shadows lurking within the hearts of Elberon's children.

-from The Empty Thrones, by Third Sage Thrandel, Ardeqai scholar, 2253 Age of Eideon.