Chapter 13- Fans?!

I smiled at Dan, stretching out my arms, almost hitting the old man in the seat behind me. He had reached up to grab our bags, and smiled once he saw me, my arms still stretched out. Tossing me my bag he began to walk down the aisle, dragging his own suitcase behind him.

Somehow we were the first out, and with out plane arriving around midnight, customs wasn't a problem. Soon we were sitting on the curb, Dan on the phone with our ride.

"Phil, I get that it's late but we are literally at the airport right now!" I heard a distorted laugh from "Phil" and a few blurred syllables.

"Thanks. Just be here soon please!" he set the phone down and hung up. "Well, he might be here in an hour." he sighed, but seemed happier after a second.

"I should go get you tea!" he exclaimed. I blinked slowly, my tired mind still struggling to process anything.

"What?" I asked, rubbing my eyes and propping my elbows on my knees. He sighed loudly, and rolled his eyes.

"You know. Now that you're living in London you need to get in the British spirit!" he rocketed up, and grabbing his wallet, ran away. I stayed sitting at our bags, and a family set their stuff down next to ours.

"Um, excuse me, but was that guy who was just with you Dan Howell?" I snapped out of my daydreams and turned, to see a girl about my age next to me, sitting on a blue suitcase.

"Yeah. He is. Why?" I replied, looking at her. She had a British accent, and seemed jet-lagged, and once I finished speaking she looked shocked.

"Wait... You DO know who he is, right? I'm literally his biggest fan!" I stared at her, confused as she was.

"What do you mean? Dad has FANS?" I asked.

"Wait... Dan is your DAD?" she jumped up. "What's your name? How old are you? Do you have a YouTube?" she said, barraging me with questions.

"Um... Yes, Dan is my dad. My name is Elizabeth, and I'm fourteen. Yes, I do have a YouTube." her eyes widened.

"Why has he never talked about you-" she began, but I cut her off.

"OK, so I need some answers from YOU. One, why does my dad have fans. Two, How many fans?"

"Well, he has fans on the Internet for making YouTube videos. And he has three million subscribers, if that's what you mean." I felt my eyes grow wide.

"Three million?" I asked, my voice high. She nodded eagerly. Just then, Dan came back, a styrofoam cup in his hand.

"Dad, why didn't you tell me you were famous?" I asked, as he sat down on the other side of me. He was quiet.

"How do you know that I'm famous?" he asked. I pointed at the girl, who looked like she might explode at any second. He nodded.

"So I assume you watch my videos?" he said to the girl, her eyes as wide as bowling balls. She almost started hyperventilating.

"Hey, uh, calm down. We don't need any deaths tonight!" said Dan, laughing a little. I was still in awe that my dad was practically famous and I hadn't known it. Meanwhile, Dad and the girl were still talking.

Suddenly, a black car drove up. The front window rolled down, showing a guy with almost the same fringe as Dan.

"Phil is here to!" yelled the girl. Dan stood up, grabbing his stuff. I got my duffel bag and slung it over my shoulder.

"So what's your YouTube?" asked Dan, throwing our bags into the trunk. The girl stumbled along with the words, but finally muttered out,

"G1immerGir1. The 'L's are one's," she said. Dan took out a phone. "I'll subscribe!" Just as I closed the car door, I watch "Glimmer" burst out into laughing.