Salt In A Wound

I am going to add my authors note here. PLEASE vote and comment!!! Also I accept ANY ideas for the story. I will add in whatever people find necessary. Okay go ahead and read, haha!

________________________

                         Luke's POV.

My cheek pressed against the cold cement ground, I found I was too exhausted to move. I lay on my stomach, not daring for my back to touch anything. I try to keep myself from blacking out, and it's taking all of my energy, which I barely have.

"A-are you okay?" Kayla whispers, and I almost forgot she was there.

I couldn't answer her, and for a few reasons. One, my throat was raw from screaming. Two, didn't have the energy to talk. Three, I knew that if I lied, she would see right through it.

I just keep concentrating on my breathing. My vision starts to blur. No Luke, concentrate. I moan softly, despite my efforts of hiding my pain. She probably already knows I'm in pain from all that screaming I was doing, so I don't get why I was still trying to act strong. I guess it was a guy thing...

"Your not okay..." She says it more as a statement than a question.

"I'm fine," I breathe out.

Just the the door opens, and in walks my dad. I groan lightly. I notice he is carrying something in his hand. It looks like a can of some sort, and it's blue. His hand is covering the words. He walks over to me, a grin displayed on his face.

"You didn't think I was done with you yet, did you?" He asks, using a voice that terrified me.

He held out the can over my back. That's when I got a good view of what it said. "Salt"

I glance at Kayla, as she watches what my father is doing. She hasn't figured it out yet. I brace myself for his next move.

He tips the can, and starts pouring the salt into the open wounds on my back. I scream in agony, as he just keeps pouring the salt. I squeeze my eyes shut, tears flowing freely out of them. He doesn't stop pouring the salt until the can is empty and it is covering my back.

I ball my hands into fists, and bit down hard into my bottom lip. Too much pain, too much...

I open my eyes right before I black out, to see my father smiling down at me, satisfied, and to see Kayla, wide eyes as she watches me struggle. My eyes roll into the back of my head, and I welcome the darkness.

Kayla's POV.

His father was not a father at all,more like a monster. I watched as he put his son in agony, and worst of all, he enjoyed it.

Luke stared at me, his eyes pleading for help, through his tears. His bluish green eyes looked brighter when he cried. But they soon disappeared, as the rolled back into his head.

I look up to Luke's father, how he stares down at his son with such hatred, and I just can't get my mind wrapped around it. He turns to me. I gulp.

"What are you staring at?" He asks angrily.

"N-nothing," I say quietly.

"That's what I thought," he says, smirking at me.

He squatted down next to me, staring me in the eyes. I force myself to not look away. He wipes some blood away from my face, which he had caused earlier.

"Oh...I just can't wait for tomorrow. You and I, we will have the best times of our lives.." He mutters.

He grabs me by the hair, pulling me towards him. He kisses me along my jawline, and I whimper.

"Shhhh" he says roughly, continuing along my jawline, then down my neck.

I feel helpless as he does this to me. I feel so used, not at all like the girl I was a few months ago.

He suddenly stands up. "Tomorrow," he says in a voice that makes me shudder, the leaves the room.

I look over at Luke, who is groaning in his unconscious state. I scoot over to him, although it hurt to do so. I take a look at his back, covered with blood, and now salt. I wipe away as much salt as possible, but any little touch I make seems to cause him more pain. I shouldn't even care about if he is in pain, but this is just completely wrong.

I look over to a bucket that is carjacking drops of water. I take it, and rinse off my dried blood. I have many bruises along my arms and legs, but nothing that compares to Luke's back. Although I know it will hurt him, I pour the water onto his back, washing out the cuts.

He suddenly screams loudly, coming back to consciousness. "Fuuuuucc" he starts to say, but I don't let him finish. I cover his mouth, in fear that his father would come back.

"Shhhhh, be quiet Luke!"

He groans, and makes a face, showing just how hard he was trying to make no noise.

"Good," I say softly.

"I know how to get out," he says softly, looking my in the eyes.

I didn't expect that, especially sense he just got whipped half to death. He then comes closer to me, and lies his head in my lap. I tense at first, but then I realize just how much he needs it. I stroke his hair to try and calm him down, as I listen to his soft sobs. I want to ask him how to get out, but now just doesn't seem like the right time...

He soon falls asleep, and I start to come up with a plan.