Beach Trip

Modern AU

Today was the day that the two men had arranged for a beach trip. Since summer had started finally, they could get some well-deserved R&R. They woke up at around 10 am in the morning and then they were on their way.

"Keith, are you driving today, or am I?" Lance asked his lover as he slipped on his flip-flops.

"I drove last time, so you drive this time," said Keith as he got into the passenger seat.

Lance nodded his head and got into the driver's seat. The trip itself took about 2 hours, and it. Was. HOT. Summer in Califonia was a full-on desert in the summer time. It was like what, 97°? The two men made sure to take water bottles, sunscreen, towels, a beach umbrella, books, etc.

Once they got there, Keith and Lance set up their small relaxation station and then started to relax.

"Hey Keith," said Lance. Keith looked over at his fiance and once he did, he immediately started to twitch his eyes. Lance was wearing his swimming trunks and his blue lion sunglasses. The top of the sunglasses had little cars sticking out of them.

"You come here often?" smirked Lance as he seductively smirked at Keith

"Lance . . . What the hell is that?"

"My cat ear glasses~ Ya like 'em?"

"Nope," replied Keith coldly. He then dumped his face into the novel he was reading.

Lance just glared at Keith as he flipped his glasses back from into his eyes. He walked away from his fiance and jumped into the fresh salt water.

~

"Hey Keith! You sure you don't want to join me in the water? It's really cool in here~" Lance yelled over to Keith as he swam out of the water.

"No, I'm perfectly fine being dry here on land, Lance," said Keith as he turned the page. By now, it was around 3 p.m., and Keith put his mullet up in a small ponytail.

"Awe, c'mon Keithy~ You know you want to~" chirped the Cuban man.

"I'm fine," repeated Keith.

"Fine." groaned Lance. "But if I start drowning or something, you have to come save me, alright?"

"Deal," said Keith as he rolled his eyes. "But don't go swimming in the way deep end," Pfft, like he would need saving. He's like a professional swimmer.

"Yeah, yeah, got it," replied Lance.

~

"OMG!! THERE'S A MAN DROWNING OVER THERE!!" A girl said as she pointed over at the man drowning.

"Someone get a lifeguard!!" A boy yelled.

Keith perked his head up and stared off into the distance of the blue ocean. He saw a small tanned hand and sparkling blue eyes from his sitting position. He jumped up and started to swim towards Lance. He barely caught Lance by his fingertips and then grabbed him by the waist.

~

Once Keith and Lance had reached the land, Keith started to do CPR on his beloved.

"C'mon Lance . . . Don't die on me now . . ." cried Keith as he listened for a heartbeat . . . even the smallest bit. After a few seconds of silence, Lance started to breathe again.

"K-Keith . . . ?" Lance whispered.

"YOU'RE ALIVE!" Keith exclaimed, hugging the soaked Lance.

"Heh,"

"I told you not to go to the deep end . . ."

"Sorry Keith . . ."

"You dork," smiled Keith as he gently kissed Lances forehead.