Muscles and Gold

Hannah held out her hands and scanned them. She felt grimy and filthy, and knew she could use to wash. She frowned. Every person on the boat postponed washing as long as possible to conserve water, and now, there wasn't any fresh water left, so she would have to clean herself with salt water.

She sighed and started walking towards her bunk, where she tucked her blankets up under the pillow and slid her sketchbook right under it. She scratched her arm and then headed to the little room that people had started using to wash.

She was almost there when she kicked something. It flew lightly across the floor, weightless.

Hannah looked to see what it was. She was looking around on the floor when her hand found a small doll. She reached for it and looked at it. She didn't know who it belonged to and wondered what child on this ship would have a doll like this? With a porcelain face, it appeared to be expensive.

Hannah silently thanked the Lord that she had not broken the poor child's doll.

She sat it down on a little pail, hoping the owner would soon find the doll, and headed the rest of the way to the washing room.

She opened the latch of the door and saw a boy, shirtless, sitting there.

He looked up and Hannah saw Joseph's face. He turned red as she quickly gasped and closed the door tightly.

His brown eyes looked shocked the entire time she had been inside the room.

Hannah closed her eyes tightly and tried to get the image away. But Joseph's highly muscular abdomen wouldn't leave her brain. His dark brown hair and short stature did not fit a sailors appearance, but Hannah now realized that it wasn't just because he was bright that he had been given a job on this boat.

She realized her silence might be a bad idea, so she swallowed hard.

"I am so sorry Joseph, I should have knocked." She called through the door. A few scuffling noises came from inside the room, but no response came. Hannah kept apologizing, trying to shake the image of Joseph out of her head. It was wrong to see someone like that.

Finally, the door unlatched and out came a fully clothed boy, with his dark hair ruffled and his eyes at the same level as Hannah's.

"Joseph I am so sorry..." Hannah said to him, biting her lip and then quickly stopping.

"Its fine." Joseph smiled. "Just don't let it happen again." He walked off, and Lucas came around the corner. Hannah's stomach tied itself in about ten different knots. He smiled at her.

"Hello." He said to her. Hannah blushed.

"Hello." She smiled back at him. "Well, I need to wash-" she began.

"Yes, you do." His gaze lowered. And Hannah straightened up. He smiled, and that told Hannah that he had been joking. "Do you need any assistance?" He asked, Jokingly. Hannah's mouth fell open. She playfully shoved his shoulder and she slid into the washing room.

She began to remove her cap and over dress.

Her white underclothes were dingy, and she pushed up one of the sleeves.

The door opened slightly and a tall sailor slid in.

"Lucas!" Hannah yelled quietly, not wanting to give them away.

She pushed down her sleeve and dove for her dress, covering herself.

"Don't worry Hannah, no one will know." He grinned and held out his hand for her, and she slowly accepted. He stood her up and she stood at lower shoulder height to him, he leaned down for a kiss, but Hannah noticed his right ear.

She reached out and touched the golden earring on his ear.

He straightened up.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"You got an earring." She said to him, thoughtfully. She lowered her hand. "I thought you didn't like them." She said. He looked down at the floor, almost ashamed.

"Do you hate it?" He asked, cringing for bad news. Hannah smiled, still holding her dress with one hand, the other raised.

"I love it." She said with a smile. He grinned again and picked her up by the waist and swirled her around.

"Lucas!" She said again, more happily than anything. She no longer had hold of her dress, which fell to the ground.

Lucas set her down and picked up her dress. He handed it to her, and then frowned.

"Well, I should go." He smiled once more and then left the room. Leaving Hannah to a peaceful washing session and a huge grin on her face.

<><><><><><><><>

Hey guys!

So I am sorry this was a bit more of affection than anything in this chapter, but I thought that it would give more action than her just waking up, hang out with Alice, and then hold his hand and go to bed.

If you have any tips for my future chapters please feel free to comment. I hope you enjoy my story.

Now let us make our biggest dreams dance. 😘