Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Adam?" I shout? I must be dreaming...I've always wanted Adam to show up outside my door...but I wanted him to kiss me, not try to kill me.

"Good, you're out." He says calmly. I notice what he's holding in his hands... the crystal skull. "Ready to play, mouse?"

"What's going on Adam?" I was breathing too fast. "Why do you have the crystal skull?"

"I'm playing with my new toy." He gestures toward the crystal skull. He didn't look much like Adam, where he used to have a warm smile there was now a evil smirk.

"Adam?" I could feel my heart beating a million miles an hour. I had already lost his love for me, now I was going to lose his friendship, and probably him entirely.

"Mouse?"

"My name isn't mouse, it's Cassie!" I shout angerly. As I speak my name Adam crumbles to the floor dropping the skull. Soon he stands up, and I watch cautiously as he walks toward the circle of ash.

"Cassie? What's going on?" He looked concerned, and had left the skull laying on the lawn, so I can trust him... Or do I just HOPE I can trust him. "Cassie, What's wrong?" I think he just noticed the circle of ash and the fire in my house.

"You're trying to kill me?" The words form on my lips and come out like a question.

"NO, No." His eyes go wide "Cassie, I would never, ever kill you." I think he could tell I was unsure about trusting him. "Ok, how do I destroy this circle of ash?" He said, changing the topic.

"I don't know...You made it." I said miserably. I turn around and see the fire has spread from the stove all the way to my moms room...destroying the last trace of my mother. If only I had let her help me change the tire... My thoughts are interrupted as Jake rushes outside... I guess he woke up and saw the fire.

"Cassie?" Jake says as he looks at Adam. "Conant?" He looks infuriated. "Conant, why are you here?"

"I don't... know," Adam admits, as if he had just been wondering that himself.

"Did he do this?" Jake turns his attention to me.

"Yes" I softly whisper. "but I don't think he meant to.. .he was holding the skull and calling my mouse..." I add in a louder voice. I have to defend him... after all... I love him, although I'm not sure I want to.

"I swear I didn't mean to Cassie! It wasn't me, I swear." Adam says defensively.

"How are we suppose to believe you?" Jake accuses.

"Because I can't!" Adam shouted. "I can't hurt Cassie."

"Whatever Conant, I'm getting you out of there Cassie." Jake says while walking over to the crystal skull.

"You sure you want to mess with that?" Adam says. "Witch Hunter?"

"I'm sure." Jake retorts "Cassie Hunter?" Jake holds the skull away from his body as if if held to close it could give him a desease. I watch as he throws it at me, as it hits the invisible wall created by the ash it breaks to pieces, but the ash disappears. I turn round and quickly put out the fire in my house...though their isn't much house left.

"Cassie! I need to talk to you....alone." Adam shouts at me instantly.

"Cassie, I wouldn't trust him" Jake cautioned.

"Fine. The alone part was only to benefit Jake," Adam said "Cassie, you have to know I would never hurt you. I can't, because... the potion didn't work on me. I'm still in love with you."

~~Authors Note~~

First- sorry if boring, it's a filler chapter

Next- if you like the story, there's a button....called the like button....I just figured out how it works...you press it (shocker, right?)

Last- sorry it's a little short, but it's a filler chapter

P.S. I <3 Pie ◉‿◉