Epilogue

On Louis's 70th birthday, he decides to pay Harry a visit.

Louis is different. Really different.

His eyes have darken to a faded blue, the crinkles by his eyes have become permanent and his hands have become shaky. His memory is foggy and his mind is limited.

But Louis can never forget what happened so many years ago. Years ago he lost Harry. His soulmate, his other half, his happiness.

Of course, Louis  had gotten married again and tried to focus on his family other than moping over Harry.

But he never moved on; You can't just move on from your first love, it's not something that's easily done, not even after all these years. Not for Louis, that is.

But right now, Louis knows that his life is coming to an end and he wants to pay his last respects to Harry before it does end. Louis wants Harry to know he loves him; even though, if possible, he's sure Harry is already aware of it.

"Hi Harry." Louis greets, pulling out a piece of paper with words written on it, words Louis wanted to say but never had the chance to.

"Um, I don't know if you can hear me or not, but uh." Louis breathes, "But something told me I should do this anyways."

"I'm going to start with what I love about you, well loved- no. Im going to say love." Louis nods to himself, "First of all, your smile."

"Your smile is by far the brightest thing i've ever seen. It makes the sun look obsolete.

I really wish you understood how much your smile affected someones day- of course in the best way- it always made others want to smile too. Because even they are smart enough to know beauty when it was brought on them." Louis says, voice shaky with tears.

"I love your body, everything about it was wonderful, wether it was just cuddling or, you know, making love..It was perfect. Your body was a temple, And it was one that deserved to be protected..but one day it just cou-" Louis chokes on his words and wipes his tears away with shaky hands, shaking his head.

"I always admired your ability to stand up for yourself, you never let anyone push you around, or tell you were wrong." Louis kinda chuckles at that, "Even if you were, you were right."

Louis smiles fondly, "Another thing to love about you, god there's so many things. I could go on forever, but unfortunately, we don't have forever. Im sorry your life was so cut shor-" Louis lets out a quiet sob and shakes his head, Harry's death has and always will be a touchy subject for him.

"Harry jr. has a daughter now." Louis smiles, "Her name is Louise." He laughs, "Pretty cheesy, huh?"

Louis smiles down at his feet, then looks at Harry's stone; he isn't even reading the paper anymore.

But Louis's smile quickly fades out and he gazes off for a moment before snapping back into the sad reality.

"I guess the reason I came here is because I know I don't have long and my time is cut soon." Louis says, "But that's okay..I've,"

"I've never been scared of death, you know, because I have some feeling that if I die, I'll get to be with you again, so I can't help but be happy my time has come to say goodbye.

I know you are probably thinking; but 70 isn't that old. or something like that, but uh, I actually, had a heart attack last month and I actually shouldn't even be out here but." Louis takes a moment.

"But I wanted to say a proper goodbye, before I have to say hello again."

-

Louis says hello again, on September 24th, shortly after his visit to Harry's grave.

Louis finds that death isn't that bad, especially now that he is finally with the one who gave him a reason to live in the first place.

Louis thinks that if there is any good reason to die, at all. This is one. Harry is one. Louis has lived for this moment.

Louis died happy, and Harry was waiting for him when he crossed over, with a fond smile and open arms.

"You'll never have to feel alone,"Harry says, hold Louis close to him, "I'll make this feel like home."