Songs🎶 pt. 2

ZAKAI ALLEN SR. Pic above

Mani pov

He was with his friends hanging out, and i'm not gonna lie and say he wasn't looking fine, cause he was. A familiar looking girl came up up to him and wrapped her arms into his making my stomach sink. I got up and went into the shoe store, making sure to check and see that Lani was still knocked out. I didn't want to be around ken nor Tyreil. I can't be mad at ken he moved on and it's his life but I damn sure can be mad at Tyreil.

My phone rang knocking me out of my thoughts I was hoping it wasn't Tyreil.  I opened it seeing it was an unfamiliar number. I answered while walking into footlocker.

" This call will be recorded you have an collect call from "....." do you accept the charges?" The voice said while I was looking for shoes ken walks in. Of fucking course he would.

"Yeah" I said quickly . Lani was now waking up whining so I sat next to her while looking at a pair of shoes I wanted to get. Them Nike air uptempo 96 bulls were catching my eyes.

" hey mama" the familiar deep voice said

"Hey pops, I miss you man" I said chuckling trying to hold back my tears. Truth be told, as much resentment I had for him he always made sure I was taken care of, he just didn't know what has been happening recently.

"Did you get the car yet? Cause I get out tomorrow and I'm gonna need for you to pick me up" he said whispering into the phone. Why the fuck was he whispering ? Dude ass stay paranoid. I felt eyes on me so looked around to see them girls from earlier. I hope I don't have to cut this convo short with my pops.

"Nah , not yet dad and alright I'll try and get it tonight just have one of your peoples drop it off and when you get back can I stay with you? Cause I'm not feeling this whole staying with other people just until I get into college and get stuff settled with za and lani" I said in a baby voice so he could say yes. The only reason I didn't stay with him before was because he kept his home life secret from his business. He didn't want me and my other sibilings in danger so he made sure we were good while still being seperated.

He sighed " damn mani, I'll think about it but why ain't lani and zj at your mothers? Please don't tell me y'all fought again" he said sounding annoyed. I looked over to see ken coming near me. Then I looked over to see lani looking around bored out of her mind. The girls were coming over too. Fuck.

" dad what time you getting out, so I can pick you up? Cause I have to handle something" I said ignoring what he was saying.

" I get out at around 7 a.m. but listen baby girl I love you see you tomorrow we aren't done having this talk either" he said in serious tone. Ken came and sat beside me as I said I love you back and hung up the phone.

"Hey" he said making eye contact with me then taking it off to me to lani. He got up and picked her up from her stroller. She had on a little dress and flip flops with her hair in a nice poof.

"Hey " I said looking around awkardly. Then the girls came up.

"Have you seen reil? I need to speak to him" sharice said like she was trying to intimidate me or something.  But I wasn't scared. I know how to stand my ground and she bleed like I bleed fuck is there to be scared of ?

"Nah , he somewhere around here look for him" I said annoyed . She looked around then walked away. I chuckled.

"Fuck is so funny bitch? " one of her clones said. I looked around trying to make sure she was talking to me. " yes bitch you, you the only motherfucker that's finding shit funny" she said sure of herself. I got up and got into her face. She was bigger than me but size ain't shit my pops taught me to fight plus I fight boys anyways.