▪ 14. Nightmares. ▪

I just stood there frozen.

What have I done?

Tears started flowing down my cheeks and I just sat there in one corner with a blank expression. 

Nyonika, it is all because of her. She never leaves one chance to destroy my life.

A four year old little boy dribbling his ball in his big mansion alone. A smile playing on his lips.

"Manik baba aap so jao. Bohot raat ho gayi hai." a butler said to him politely.

"Nahi kaka abhi mummy aayegi meh unke sath sounga."

"unhe der ho jayegi. Aap so jayo."

"nahi." stubborn manik said and resumed playing with his ball.

The butler signed and went away.

After half and hour manik heard the honk of a car and jumped in joy.

"Mummy aa gayi!"  little Manik squealed in excitement

He ran towards the door to open it only to witness the scene of a drunk Nyonika.

"Mumma! " he said hugging her legs.

"Just go away!! " she shouted pushing him away.

"Mumma?" he said, tears brimming in his eyes.

She took trembling steps towards him her eyes splitting fire and anger. She held him by his collar and made him stand, " It is all because of you! You have ruined everything! " she shouted at the little boy who was now wincing in pain due to her tight hold.

"Maine kuch nahi kiya mumma." he said struggling to get out of the cruel women's hold.

"Oh just shut up! You! You have ruined my life my future. Tumhare karn I am destroyed man toh karta hai-" she was cut by the butler who took the courage to question her.

"Ma'am baba ko dard ho raha hai. Chode unhe! " he said looking down.

"What the hell! Toh aab mujhe tumse poch na padega what I have to do? Huh? " she said after slapping the butler leaving a whimpering Manik behind who quicky crawled up in a corner and sat there hugging his legs close to his chest, the tears running down his cheeks.

"Mera woh matlab nahi tha." butler said.

"you are fired kal subah mujhe tumhara chehera nahi dikhna chahiye!" she said and left walking zing zack up to her room and slammed the door shut.

"baba! " the butler said to Manik who was now in a state of shock.

"Mumma, Mumma!" Manik kept on blabbering swinging back and forth.

"Mumma!" I said panting heavily. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around to find everyone staring at me in concern.

"Bhai, aapko phirse?" Mukti said addressing my nightmares.

I just sat properly adjusting my clothes and just nodded looking here and there in shock.

Mukti quickly hugged me calming me down and whispering soothing things in my ears.

After sometime my breath turned even and Mukti broke the hug and cupped my cheeks wiping my tears.

"You okay?" I nodded in assurance.

******

"Manik, tujhe aachnak phirse kaise chalo hue nightmares. Kuch hua kya? Tu nyonika ke bare meh jayada soch raha tha. Usne kuch kiya kya." Cabir asked to which I decided to stay silent.

"Cabir please." Mukti said, warning him.

"Okay fine. Chalo guys party karne jate hai." Cabir said changing the topic.

"Yes mujhe shopping bhi jana hai, baby you will take me." Alya asked

"yes baby, I will!" Dhruv said smiling which faded away with her reply, "I wasn't asking you. I am stating it to you. You don't have a choice."
Alya said flipping her hair behind her shoulder.

Dhruv looked down in embarrassment and we all burst out laughing.

Poor boy!

*****

"Manik where are you lost? Everything fine?" I heard fenil questioning me.

I turned my gaze from Aryaman and cha- ummm.. I mean Nandini on the dance floor to fenil who was sitting besides me.

" I am fine fenil you go and enjoy you'll be nothing but bored in my company! " I stated as a matter of fact. We all came to enjoy and sadly she is with me all the time giving me company in my misery.

"Well, I am okay. Atleast you care about me warna toh-" fenil said trailing off in between making me  wonder what is wrong with her.

"Hey, fenil come na." Maddy said dragging her with himself. She looked at me apologizing while I just nodded in assurance with a small smile.

"Akela kyun behetha hai? Tere aur nandu ke beech kuch hua hai kya? Ignore ignore game kyun khel rahe ho. Bache ho kya tum dono?" Cabir said taking a sip from his drink.

"Okay wait. Kai tujhe nightmares nandu ke karn toh nightmares nahi chalu hue na! Usne kuch kaha kya? Wait I'll talk to her!" Cabir said getting up from his seat.

"Cabir chill Usne kuch nahi kiya!" I said grabbing his hand.

"Okay. I'll stay out of this. Waise Mukti aur Abhi ke beech... you know." he said changing the topic quickly gesturing at Mukti and Abhi on the dance floor.

"ummm...  I think she likes him."  I said to which cabir's eyes widen.

"You approve?" He asked me shockingly.

"I have no problem. He is a nice guy. Till he keeps her happy I am okay but one scratch on Mukti and then you know me."

"Okay big brother!" he said saluting me and I chuckled.

"At least tujhe haste huye toh dekha. Teri ek smile ke liye taras gayi thi yeh aakhe." he said dramatically

"Nautanki sala! You love me, don't you? " I said smirking.

"Atleast you acknowledged my undying love for you." Cabir said giving a flying kiss and I slapped his arm slowly.

"Dramaqueen."

"woh toh meh hu." He said proudly.

I saw Aryaman and Nandini going out of the club and  made my mind to apologize to Nandini.

******
What do u think about this chp?

Do vote and comment!

#phirmiltehai ❤