Don't You Forget About Me

Prologue

~Beca's P.O.V.~

How can love be summed up into two words? Well for me it's easy, Jesse Swanson. He is the sweetest, kindest guy that I have ever met. Last year, I was in a place where I didn't want to let people in because I thought they would just hurt me but Jesse changed that. All year, he fought to break down my walls and no matter how many times I pushed him away he never backed down. Eventually his nerdy cockiness got under my skin and I let him in. I have never felt happier or safer in my whole life. I am in LOVE with him. But I never got the chance to

tell him that before he was ripped from my memories almost completely after a devastating wreck.

The last thing I remember is being in Jesse's car and hearing the sounds of busting glass and Jesse yelling my name. It just went black after that.

The darkness started to slowly fade to grey and I could make out the sounds of hospital equipment beeping and the faint sound of Jesse's voice. He was singing a song, our song, 'Don't You' from The Breakfast Club, the only movie I willingly watch. I listen to him loving the sound of his voice. I feel his hands wrap around mine and his lips brush against it. He starts to quietly sob and I want to just wrap him in my arms and tell him it's ok.

Suddenly, the darkness swallowed the grey and Jesse's voice was lost with it. I was screaming on the inside, desperately trying to escape the darkness but it defeated me. My world was completely black, not a sound, not a soul, just darkness. It lasted longer than last time and the longer it lasted the more I felt myself forget.

I tried to remember the one thing that meant the world to me but I felt my memories of Jesse slowly start to deteriorate. I was losing the one thing that kept me alive and I knew I had to wake up before I completely lost him.