Chapter 5~ Seeing Her Part Two

I cried for a few more minutes until a nurse walked by.

"Sir, are you ok?" She asked.

I stopped crying and wiped my tears away.

"I'm fine." I said then cleared my throat before pulling myself up.

I slowly closed the door then leaned against it. I stared at the ceiling and let the light from the bulbs burn the rest of the tears away. When I felt strong enough to hold the tears back I took a deep breath then slowly looked down at Beca's unconscious body.

"I-I don't know i-if you can hear me Bec." I stumbled over the words as I slowly inched closer to her bed. "B-but, I love you. I know I didn't tell you that before because I-I was afraid you'd freak out then shut me out but I'm telling you now. Pl-please stay with me." I am halfway across the room. "This isn't the way I pictured me telling you b-but I have to tell you now just in case-" I cut the sentence off as I stopped at her bedside, the words were just to hard to say.

Even though she was covered in bruises, stitches, and casts and her hair was all mangled into one big mess , she is still the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

I slowly lowered myself into the chair beside her bed and wrapped her hand in mine. It's a tiny hand but it fits into mine perfectly as if it were made just for me. I couldn't think of anything else to say so I just sang to her.

"Won't you come see about me? I'll be alone dancing you know it baby."

After singing the first line I noticed her heartbeat jumped a little. I smiled at her recognition of my voice and continued to sing our song to her, Beca style.

"Tell me your troubles and doubts, giving me everything inside and out. Don't you forget about me. As I walk on by, will you call my name(4x)? I say la lalalala lalalala lalalalalalala." I finished just a nurse walked in.

"Sorry sir but visiting hours are over now. You can come back tomorrow though. It's from noon to 10p.m." She said as she checked the monitors that were connected to Beca.

"Thank you." I said as I gently set her hand back down on the bed.

Before leaving, I carefully placed a light kiss on Beca' s forehead then another on her lips. I thanked the nurse one last time then left the room.

*Parking Lot*

I found my mother just sitting in her car. I slid into the passenger seat and caught her attention.

"So, how was it?" She asked.

"Ok, I guess. I saw Stacie."

"I know."

I gave her a look of confusion.

"I called her. I knew you would try to back out but I wouldn't have it. I know I can't convince you and the only person I've seen that can is in a coma so I called the next best person. I know you two aren't very close but I also know she's Beca' s best friend and that's enough to make you wanna listen to her." She explained as she stared out the windshield.

"Thank you mom. I'm glad you called her, she really opened my eyes. I needed to see her, I needed to see both of them. It was hard seeing Beca like that but it gave me closure." She looked at me for a moment before wrapping me into a hug.

We didn't say a word. We just sat in each other's arms until her phone went off. She pulled away and answered it.

"Hello." I watched as she listened to the person on the other end.

"Ok. Thank you. See you tomorrow." She said then hung up.

"That was Coomes. Your car is gone but your luggage is fine. We'll pick it up tomorrow on our way to the university."

I nodded at her then buckled up.

"Alright. Let's go home." She said then started the car and drove off.

*Jesse's House*

I can't sleep. I'm lying in my bed staring up the ceiling. My thoughts keep traveling back to Beca back to when she was awake and joyful. The more I think about it the more it hurts because I know there's a pretty good chance I'm never going to see that again.

My thoughts get worse as they travel back to that accident. Hearing her yell at me to watch out then the painful screams she let out as her tiny structure was thrown angrily around the car.

Then I remember seeing her lying in that bed in a deep sleep she may never wake up from. My heart felt like it had been ripped from my chest the moment I saw her. I can't believe I let this happen. I can't believe I put my own girlfriend in a coma.

Suddenly my phone rang, scaring me to death. I picked it up to see Stacie on the caller I.D. (J=Jesse S=Stacie)

J- Hey Stace.

S- Hey. How are you holding up?

J- It hurts. I miss her.

S- I know but it'll be ok.

J- You know this is the first time in weeks, minus the time in the hospital, that I've been in bed alone?

S- Woah. TMI Jess.

I chuckled a little.

J- Not like that. We haven't...

S- I know. Beca would've told me if you did.

J- Ya. So how are you doing?

S- Well, it's hard but I can't imagine it's as hard for me as it is you.

It was quiet for a minute.

S- I saw her today after you left. She looks terrible.

J- I begged a differ.

I could tell she was smiling.

S- Well you'd say that even if she looked like someone meshed Nicki Minaj and Kellie Ousbourne together.

J- True.

S- Ok, I should let you get some sleep. You've got a lot of traveling tomorrow. Besides, my roommate won't be happy if I don't go to sleep. Goodnight, Jess.

J- Night Stace and thank you.

S- You're welcome.

The line went dead. I hung up and rolled over. I feel better now that I've talked about it, maybe I can actually get some sleep.

--------------------------------------------

Sorry it's late, I've been grounded. Hope you enjoyed!! Also, I realize I used a line from One Direction' s Little Things but I felt it fit perfectly in that moment. Besides, it's true.