CHAPTER 7: EMELIA

I ended up going back to the scruffy kid's place and buying the damn watch. This was due to a lovely surprise that I now know Freddy gave me. After a meeting I rush back to my office and call him up.

"Hello?"

"What game are you playing at?"

"What are you talking about, Powell?"

"The girl, my supposed soulmate, you planted her here. Why?"

"It's a part of our deal."

"What does she have to do with Port Shire?"

"Who'd know more about the Destination Project than someone who came from the destination? Once I got back to the office I was the first to see the surveillance footage of some human-like creature escaping. The blue hair gave it away. Then I was luckily enough to see her by the fountain during my break."

We both know that by "luck" he means he tracked her down immediately. "And the security footage?"

"The security guard lost it but was lucky that I'm such a reasonable man. I didn't fire him." I sigh. "You're welcome."

"Thank you Freddy." I forget sometimes that he's only trying to help. He's always helped me. Since the day we met. "Really, thanks."

He laughs, "Finally some gratitude."

I laugh also. "Shut up."

"So with the watch it's better, right?"

"Much better. Hurts, but I don't act like a savage in her presence."

"Good. How's she doing?"

"According to Kyle Marsh, excellent. He's going to have her be the employee to manually deliver my marketing plans to the the other managers."

"She has a passport?"

"What?"

"I highly doubt she even has an ID." I drop my head into my hand.

"Right."

"I've been getting ongoing calls from your office. Since I'm talking to you, I've been ignoring them." I stand and go to the elevator. "Maybe I'm being rude. It's probably Kyle Marsh asking me why I sent an employee with no paperwork to him." The elevator dings. "Oh there they go again, calling. I suppose I should answer now."

"Goodbye Freddy." I hear him begin to laugh just before I hang up. I enter the office and startle Kyle.

"Ms. Powell!" He regains his composure and calls out my name loud enough for the whole office to hear.

"I need to see Neon Infinity." What kind of name is that? Did she make it up? The scent hit my nose the moment I walked in but the shock from my nifty watch keeps me in reality. Kyle leads me to Neon's cubicle. She's kneeling on her desk, looking over the cubicle wall.

Kyle clears his throat and I can feel his rage in the air without even looking at him. "Ms. Powell needs you in her office."

She climbs off of her desk. "Yes ma'am?"

"Follow me." No time to pretend to care that she's not acting like a 'proper employee'. I turn and go to the elevator. I hit ten for the floor of my office. Her scent fills the elevator and I feel like my wrist is being torn to shreds by the damn watch. I fight to keep my hands at my sides. The elevator dings and I walk to my desk before sitting in my chair. "Sit." I tell her. She sits in a chair in front of my desk. "Now." I sigh. "It's come to my attention that you have no forms of identification on file here. Where is your documentation?"

"I don't have any. I'm not from here."

"Then where are you from?"

"Um...I'm from the royal district of Galldeni."