CHAPTER 19: EMELIA

I have no doubt in my mind that this will be easy for Freddy. Considering the fact that he's attractive enough to look like a god. These beasts will easily believe him to be a god. Maybe he'll give the feline girl a shot. Poor thing has no idea that he is known as a heartbreaker back on Earth.

We've spent all day today, following him around as he kills countless beasts. There was a moment where I was afraid that he'd fall. A beast caught him off guard and pounced on him. Surprisingly enough, he didn't collapse under it's weight. He unloaded in it's stomach, pulled it off, and unloaded into it's head directly afterwards. He was going to the gym more often than usual this past month. He's procured over four thousand beasts in his new kingdom. He gave them objectives to complete while he's in Galldeni. Now, we're getting ready to leave.

"But Master please! Let me come with you." Christina is whimpering.

"No. Someone has to lead the people while I'm gone."

"If you were to get hurt, this would all be for naught!"

"Christina..." He places a hand on her cheek. "Do you doubt me?"

She grabs his hand. "I'd never!" She vigorously shakes her head.

"Then let me go." She does as he says then makes some sort of animalistic noises that I've now interpreted as part of the Talion language. He makes animal noises back and rides away on his horse.

"Yah!" Neon calls plaufully and rides after him. I laugh and follow her.

We arrive at a clearing and Neon stops. "Here!"

She jumps off of her horse and looks at a puddle. Freddy and I follow suit. She moves her hands over the puddle and it starts to move. Our reflections warp. Then she stops and takes a deep, shaky breath.

I put my hand on her shoulder. "Scared?"

"No, not scared. Pissed."

"Then let's go get some blood." Freddy says and I give him a look of disapproval.

"Let's." Neon dives into the puddle. I climb in right after her.

We fall onto the the surface of a white gazebo with a cream hammock inside. Before us is a beautiful garden and over the hedges you can see a magnificent castle.

"Wow."

"Now that's a castle." Freddy says.

"Now let's see who's sitting on my throne." Neon leads us out of the garden and onto the steps of the castle.

"Halt!" The door guard on the right yells. "Who are you?!"

"Who are you?!", Neon yells back. "Who has hired new personnel for my castle?!"

"Holy shit!" The door gaurd on the left raises his helmet. "Princess Neon?"

Neon removes her helmet and throws it aside. "What the hell is going on here?!"

"We...we thought you were dead."

"Dead?!"

"Y-Yes. King Void said-"

"King Void?!" Neon's told me the story of how she got to Earth. Void is her previously betrothed. The one who told her to run. I tense at this realization. Can we even trust this guy?

"After the kingdom found out that you died, since he was to be king anyways..."

"That bastard killed my parents, poisoned me, and locked me in Talion." The guard on the right reaches for a button on the wrist of his suit. Right before his finger can reach it, he freezes. Then he looks at Neon. "And you helped him." The way she says this is much more menacing.

"Neon?" This is unlike her.

"Cover your eyes."

"P-please don't. I just work for him, honestly. I have a family!"

"I did too. Before you took it away."

"Neon wait." I put my hand on her arm which is raised towards the gaurd.

"He killed my family, Emelia." She chokes out.

"No he didn't. The one responsible for your family's death is inside. Sitting on your throne. Why waste time with a mere underling?"

She nods and swings her hand up. The brace on the guard's wrist flies off and crushes when Neon balls her fist. "You are lucky. Get the fuck off of my property."

The guard wastes no time and runs away. "Now Lock, bring me to the traitor."

We enter the castle and gasps escape the mouths of every person we pass. Neon motions for the throne room doors and they slam open. A bunch of people turn to look at us.

"Who dares to interrupt a meeting of the royal council?!" A male voice yells.

"Oh forgive me King Void Supernova!" Neon bows.

"Who the hell are you people?" A man with hair as golden as the crown atop his comes into view.

She raises her head. "Your worst nightmare, you traitorous son of a bitch!" Neon raises her hand and he quickly raises his hand in response. You can see things around the room shake as the invisible forces bounce off of each other. The other people hurriedly exit the room, screaming in panic.

"Neon?!" She doesn't even respond. She motions beneath herself and flies right over to him. "Neon wait! I can explain!"

"Explain what?!" She raises her hand and he tries to do the same but he's clearly not fast enough. He clenches his throat in visible agony. "How you murdered my parents and tried to do the same to me?!" The man continues choking but it looks like he's trying to say something.

"What do you have to say for yourself?!" Neon releases him and he coughs for a bit. "Out with your last words before I crush you like a ball of paper."

He coughs a little more and the croaks out words too soft to be audible. "Louder!"

He coughs a little more, then wipes his mouth with his sleeve. "Y-you..."

"LOUDER!"

"You should've came alone." As he says this I'm grabbed from behind and scream in surprise. A hand is raised over my head by some gaurd.

Neon kicks Void and he rolls back. "Careful! He may not be as strong as you but at that range, I'm sure that he can make her head explode."

"You're bluffing." She pulls her leg back to kick again pain errupts through my skull.

"AAAAGGHHHH!!!!" I feel like my head's going to explode!

"Emelia!" Neon screams and points her hand up at me.

No...as her hand raises towards me, I can see Void's hand raise towards her. "NO NEON ST-!"

I'm too late, she goes flying into the wall. No no no. Neon!