CHAPTER 8: NEON

"Who are you?" Is the greeting we get on our arrival to Ms. Powell's friend's house. This woman looks irritated and is only wearing an oversized T-shirt.

"I'm here to see Kennedy." Ms. Powell says calmly.

"Who. Are. You?" The woman glares up at Ms. Powell.

Ms. Powell blows what looks like smoke and then leans close to the woman. "Move before I move you." She says menacingly. It's a little frightening... even to me. Though I know that a human is no match for me. I don't think Ms. Powell is even human. The woman's face says that she's not moving, though her mouth is shut. She looks uneasy.

"Pow-Pow!" A man calls from inside. "Kerry that's my highschool friend. Let her by."

The woman turn to face him, giving enough room to push by. "But...!" Ms. Powell grabs my arm and pulls us past Kerry who slams the door. "Powell is a boy's name!"

Ms. Powell turns her head to the side, not even all the way to face the woman. "It's my last name." Kerry is even more enraged. I look around. The shelves appear to be covered with little dolls. I reach out to touch one.

"Alright enough of that. Who's this adorable girl?" Kerry has disappeared; I wasn't paying attention. The man looks down at me and I pull my hand away from his doll. He looks around Ms. Powell's age so, even if I was a teenager, I'd still be pretty close to his age. I glare at him.

"I'm a grown woman and my name is Neon Infinity."

"Oh my gosh your name is so cool!" He gleams.

I point at the doll I was going to touch. "What's this?"

"Oh it's a figurine. Do you like it?"

I look back at the weird looking doll and examine it... "Yes." I decide.

The man smiles. "I can tell you a whole lot more about it if you want. It's actually from a show based on a book. It's from another country and-"

"Kennedy, enough with your fanboy babble. We cane here for a reason and it isn't to gawk at your anime figurines." The man stands.

"Hater." He walks off.

"And you tried to call her a child." Ms. Powell follows so I do the same. We come to a room full of technology. Computers and other things that I don't know the name of. There are chairs on wheels like in the office so I sit down and spin in one.

"Okay so name: Neon Infinity. Birthday?" Kennedy starts typing on the computer he's sitting in front of.

The time is different. "I don't..." I look at Ms. Powell, who is still standing, for assistance. She seems to be good at answering questions.

"Today-No. Next Saturday and she's eighteen years old. " She says.

"Why then?" Kennedy asks.

"It's a secret." She winks at me and I smile. That's when we'll go to the amusement park.

"Alrighty then. Address?"

"Call your friend and ask her." Ms. Powell tells me and hands me her cell phone. It's smooth and shiny. I can yell that it's a luxury in this world.

I dial Bailey. "Who's this?"

"Hi Bailey." Ms. Powell takes the phone, clicks something, and gives it back.

"Why don't you use your super awesome paycheck to buy a cell?" Bailey's voice can be heard by us all.

"I get it biweekly and it's only my second week."

"Oh!" She laughs. "What's up?"

"What's our address?"

"Who's asking?" Her tone goes serious.