CHAPTER 20: NEON

"Hahaha!! You thought that you could come in here and take everything that I worked so hard to gain?! I lost my parents too! After carrying out this plan, they cut me off. I have no where to return to so this has to work! I'm sorry about your parents but they shouldn't have double crossed me! They tried to cut off my engagement and you were unknowingly convincing them also. That's why I didn't kill you. I banished you. Go back to wherever you came from and I'll spare your friend." Void yells but I can't see him through the wall.

A shot echoes throughout the room and my dizziness from the collision fades.

I push apart the rocks a bit as a few more shots echo through the room. I hear Emelia scream and fly right out of the hole in the wall. I'm seeing slightly double but Emelia is free, the gaurd who was holding her is dead, and Mr. Fredrickson is rising. Void.

I swing my hand up towards Void and slam him into the ceiling. Then I ensure that Mr. Fredrickson lands gently. I raise my hand in time to deflect the space thrown at me. Then I raise Void into the air, choking him.

"You shouldn't have crossed the one who inherited the blood of the strongest bloodline in Galldeni." I slam him through the window so that what happens next doesn't dirty Emilia's image of me. I ball my fist and hold it so that the maroon liquid swivels like a black hole then disappears. I sigh and pant, letting myself fall to the floor. I hadn't realized how much strength that I had to use against him. He was a royal also.

"Neon!" I look up at Emelia as she runs over to me. She embraces me with a sob.

"Let me check your head and make sure the space isn't altered inside of it." She puts her head on my own and it's the same as always. Luckily, the gaurd used nonlethal force.

"You're actually pretty strong." Mr. Fredrickson stands over us. "I respect that."

I laugh, "A compliment from Laurence Fredrickson?"

"Don't get used to it." He cracks that ever so charming smile.

People slowly start to reenter the castle. I'm surprised that they didn't leave. The look up at us with familiar faces and begin to cheer. "The princess is back!"

"She's the queen!"

"Queen Neon!!"

I stand with the help of Emelia. "Gather the citizens! An announcement must be made!" They cheer in response to me and run in all sorts of directions. Some pull out their phones and have a seat. In seconds I hear the royal bell ring.

"Help me to the throne please, my love." Emelia nods and helps me to the larger of the two thrones. As the room fills, Emelia and Mr. Fredrickson stand beside me.

I alter the course of my sound waves so that they're loud enough for everyone to hear. "I am back." The people cheer. "Now we must begin repair. I will explain the situation to the neighboring kingdoms and we will restore this kingdom to it's previous state of prosperity."

The crowd makes some noises and then hushes. "How will you rule us? You have to be married and you just killed your prospective partner."

The crowd makes more noise and there are a few immature 'I'll marry her's from the back.

"I have a new partner who I plan to marry immediately." I hold my hand out and Emelia takes it. I kiss her hand, "Welcome Queen Emelia!"

The crowd hushes for a moment, looking over her. There's a slow soft clap and then they get stronger and louder. The whole crowd cheers.

------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------

I gave Emelia and Mr. Fredrickson a tour of my castle and kingdom as we waited for everything to be fixed. Now Emelia is doing me the favor of being briefed on the condition of the kingdom as I walk through the garden with Mr. Fredrickson.

"Neon, just so you know, you owe me a third favor." Mr. Fredrickson says.

"Why's that?" I ask in confusion.

"I saved the life of your soulmate."

"But also your best friend."

"Who needs friends when you have a kingdom?"

"We all need friends, Mr. Fredrickson. Speaking of which, I'm glad that we were able to become friends. Riiiight?" I bump his arm playfully and he laughs. It's pretty much the first time I've heard such an authentic laugh from him.

"I guess you're a friend of mine."

"He he!" I giggle and skip a little. "So what's your second favor? You must already have it in mind if you already want another."

"You got me." He's still smiling. "I want six of your soldiers to help me build my kingdom."

"I'll give you a hundred."

"Don't be so arrogant just because you're strong, child."

"I glare at him."

"Kidding." He puts his hand up dismissively.

I never noticed before but something about Mr. Fredrickson seems...sad?

"I guess since we are friends, you don't have to call me Mr. Fredrickson."

"Freddy?"

He glares now. "No way."

"Freddyroo!", his cheeks rosen and his expression is shocked.

"Neon you better not you little-!"

"Tag!" I tap him and rub back towards the castle. "Freddyroo Freddyroo Freddyroo!!"

"Neon!" I hear him yell as he chases me.

I bump smack into Emelia with an "Oof!"

"Freddyroo?" She says and I turn to face him. Emelia hugs me from behind.

Freddy's face turns crimson. "Freddy, you can call me Freddy or Laurence. Never that abomination of a nickname."

I giggle. "Alrighty. Freddy."

He sighs. "You two have fun eloping. Neon-" He points and gives me a stern look. "-take care of my best friend."

"Of course!"

"Give me my soldiers and I'll be on my way."

"You won't stay for the wedding?" Emelia asks.

"Unfortunately, I have other things to attend to. Rather than taking over a kingdom, I'm actually building one." He shrugs.

"Lock!" I promoted him to one of my advisors. He comes in.

"Yes, Queen Neon?"

"Get one hundred of my soldiers with command over space to the garden at once. They're going to help Mr. Fredrickson build a kingdom. They'll be royally compensated when they return."

"Yes, my Queen." He bows and rushes off.

"I'll wait for them by the portal, Goodbye." He turns and walks down the garden path.

"Wait!" Emelia runs over to him and hugs his back.

He turns and hugs her properly. "Thank you, Freddy. For everything."

He brushes a strand of hair behind her ear and in that moment I see it. The reason for his sadness. "I'd do anything for you." He embraces her closely. "Now go be happy."

Freddy lets go and walks down to garden. Behind the hedges so that ge is no longer visible. Emelia wipes a single tear from her eye and turns back to me. She smiles widely and genuinely. "I love you so much, Neon."

I run over to her and squeeze her tightly. "I love you, Emelia." I'm so glad that she's mine. The realization that if Void hadn't betrayed me, we'd never have met. I probably would've married some random person and she... She would've married Laurence. He was so close to being happy but I came and now he's not. Fate can be so cruel sometimes. But I'm glad. Through all of this I was able to meet the woman who I'll love for the rest of my life and vice versa. I'm so happy.

================================================================
FIN

Did you like? If you like the Ask segment that was in 'Truculent Too', leave questions for the characters or me and I'll put it in. Don't be scared to leave a lot or questions that you think may be silly/stupid. I really like answering them. Feel free to share also.