Chapter 3

Hey guys, sorry I havent uploaded in the longest time! I've just been extremely sick and busy dealing with classes and such so I'm sorry again for the long wait!

This chapter goes out to my #1 fan and the girl whose name was an inspiration to the character, Zuleyka! I love you! haha, ok sorry, enough delay, here's the chapter! Enjoy! :D

*Pic on the side is of Jordan, a cutie isnt he?!"

“Mom I’m home!” I yelled as I threw my bag on the couch.

“How was school?” she yelled back from upstairs.

I searched the fruit bowl for a good apple and chose the large one in the middle. “It was cool.” I said after I bit into the apple.

I turned around and saw my mother standing there with her hair curled under and her nursing scrubs on. She walked in the kitchen and grabbed the apple chips from the top shelf of the snack cabinet.

“It’s nice to see you eating some fruit.” She said as she sat down at the kitchen counter and began to munch.

“Yea you too, at least the processed kind any way.” I laughed and sat down next to her.

My mother was the best person I’ve ever known, and I’m not just saying that because she’s my mother and I love her. Any time I’ve needed to talk she was there for me, and if I was sick, she never failed to be by my side.

That also didn’t stop her from worrying constantly.

“Well don’t worry about me, it’s you, you need to be worrying about.” She replied. “So how was school?”

“It was ok I guess. First day started with the Malibu crew harassing Jordan and I.” I confessed.

“Did you harass them right back?” she demanded.

“Of course!” I laughed.

“Good, that’s my girl. Anything else happen?”  

“Well… Cameron asked me out.” I said shyly.

“What? The guy you’ve been talking about? Well that’s great! Isn’t it?” she asked.

“Yea, but I have to say I was pretty shocked at first. I mean why did he decide to ask me out now?”

“Maybe he finally decided to stop being a doody head and acknowledge the fact that you’re incredibly awesome.” She expressed.

I laughed and rolled my eyes. My mom was such a trip. “A doody head?”

“Yes a doody head. Moms have their own hip language too.” She expressed as she got up to put the chips away.

“Hip? Sure mom, sure.” I said with a smile.

She got up from the table and grabbed her purse from the living room closet.

Getting up to put my apple core in the trash, I decided to walk her out. Putting my arm around her waist I walked her to the door. As worried as she was about me, I worried about her just as bad. I hated that she had to work nights in the emergency room, but she was one of the few with enough experienced to work the shift.

“Alright, you be careful out there you hear?” I said as I kissed her cheek.

She smiled at me and replied, “You too, be careful and don’t forget to turn on the alarm.”

“I won’t. Have a good night!” I yelled as she walked out the door.

She gave me one last wave before she got in her car. I waited until she pulled away before I shut the door and turned on the alarm.