Chapter 4

Here's Chapter 4 :) *Pic is of Steven!*

That small burst of happiness from the previous night disappeared come morning when I woke up to find my stomach in intense pain.

“Oh no.” I said aloud.

I threw the covers off and ran to the bathroom to check.

“Ugh!” I groaned when I was proved correct.

It was that time. Yes, ‘Mother Nature’s’ own little gift to women, or as Jordan likes to say, “The Crimson Tide”, had arrived.  When I’d first heard the phrase from him I didn’t know whether to punch him or burst out laughing, so I’d ignored it. But right at this moment, I couldn’t recall a damn thing ever said to be funny.

“Ohhh.” I groaned as a monster cramp overtook my belly. “I hate my life.”

Just as I decided at that moment not to go school, my phone rang.

I slowly made my way into bed clutching my belly and glanced at the caller id before tapping the answer button.

“Hey.”

“Hey where are you? Aren’t you coming out?” Jordan asked.

“Aren’t you coming in?” I immediately responded.

“No, I need to keep the car running.”

“Why? You never had to keep the car running before.” I observed.

What is with him lately?

I heard a sigh on the other end.

“I’ll be up.”

I put the phone down knowing that he’d already hung up. I don’t get what it is with teens anymore and the word ‘bye’. Like cant you give someone the common courtesy of letting them know you’re hanging up?

Just then there was a knock on my door.

I made a sound of acknowledgement and my door slowly opened.

“Why are you still in bed and not dressed?” he asked from the doorway.

Because I was in the fetal position with my head under the covers, my answer came out muffled.

“I got my period.” I said quietly.

“What?” he asked, coming a closer to the bed.

“I got my period.” I said a bit louder, knowing what he was doing.

“I didn’t catch that.”

He was so close now that I could practically feel his knees touching the mattress.

Frustrated and in pain I threw the covers off of my head and shouted, “THE CRIMSON TIDE IS FLOWING!” and snapped the covers back on in anger.

“Oh the crimson tide….” He said.

I could hear the grin in his voice.

“Should I build an ark?” he asked.

Reaching out from beneath the covers with my right arm I punched him in the thigh.

“Ow! Oh come on Zuleyka, it’s not that bad.”

“Yea we’ll see what’s not so bad when I aim higher next time.” I said with a smirk of my own.

“Watch it. So are you coming to school?”

“No.” was the only answer I provided. 

Well prone to my moodiness during a time like this and knowing not to even argue, Jordan gave a resigned sigh and said, “I’ll bring home your homework” and turned to leave.