chapter 6// storm

2 months later.
I'm starting to fall in love with him.

____________________
3 days.
3 days until Katy was coming in to record her vocals.
I'm still not sure why exactly I was so nervous, but i really didn't like the situation.
I had just woken up and done my makeup when my phone started to ring. I glanced at it, suspecting to ignore the caller, but it was John.
"Hello?" I said.
"THERE SHE IS!" John said. I blushed. "I have a proposal."
"Um...okay?" I said hesitantly
"Let's go on a road trip. Not anything major, but I'm playing with Dead and Company in San Fran tomorrow. I'll pick you up in an hour!"
"Um-" Before i could respond he had already hung up.
I smiled and clutched the phone close to me. This guy was really something special.

I quickly and frantically packed and finished getting ready. Just as I zipped up my bag, I heard a knock at the door. As I opened the door I was greeted by a warm smile. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and, well, invited himself inside basically.
"I'm excited." He said like a child.
"Me...uh...too?" I said.
"I'm sorry for being so spontaneous, but, I guess i just kind of wanted to get away with you and solidify,well, my feelings before Katy gets here. I know you can get jealous.."
"ExcUSE me?" I said jokingly.
"Just saying.." he said, shrugging his shoulders he grabbed my bag and we headed outside to his Jeep.

2 hours in, 5 to go and the whole trip thus far has solely been jamming out to Hendrix, Taylor Swift and let's be honest, Harry's new album. Slowly the sky began to grow darker and darker. Before I knew it, rain was pouring and lightning was everywhere. Both of us were getting alerts on our phones for both thunderstorms and tornados. John finally decided to pull into a gas station.
"Well this is romantic." He scoffed.
"It's not that bad..." I said. He laughed.
"May I say, the fluorescent lights from the inside of this gas station makes you look even more beautiful than ever." He said, i giggled.
As we were sitting there, the entire gas station lights went off. It was pitch black for as far as we could see. We both sat there, unsure of what to do. Rain was crashing down on the car. The only noise was the radio, playing  "Crazy in Love" by Beyoncé.
"Actually this is pretty romantic. Stranded in the middle of nowhere with rain pouring down." He laughed.
"You know, Taylor, you're amazing. You can literally turn the worst situation into a great one."
We both laughed. He slowly leaned over the console, his hand making its way to the side of my face. As soon as our lips touched it was instant fireworks. My hand moved to his face has his other slowly moved to my neck. If that wasn't magic, I don't know what is. As the kiss was turning more and more into a make out, we were both startled when
BEEP
BEEP
BEEP
Our phone alerts when off. He smiled, still in the position we were kissing.

"I know this is crazy.
But, I think I love you.
Actually, I take that back.
I DO love you."