Chapter 6

"You're my sunshine on a rainy day."

POV- Trystan

She was confusing. Utterly and totally confusing to me. That one conversation had my mind reeling with hate and anger towards her for no apparent reason. Usually when my mind was distant I would try to focus it, or in this case distract myself from my life and get caught up with torturing innocent humans. Like I've done for the past four years, and it's worked it's calmed and focused me. But now I couldn't seem to go down to the cellar and pluck one away.

After that conversation with Evelyn my soon to be luna, I ran Into the woods not wanting to be anywhere near her, at the moment I needed to clear my head think things through. My wolf was beyond excited to finally be let loose. But he still was and would never be like he once was since Lea.

I stop running into a trot the wind blowing through my fur I close my eyes and look up to the sky. The sun was setting and the moon was in view tonight it was almost a full moon. The moon would be full tomorrow night and it would be the night Evelyn becomes our Luna. My wolf growls at the thought, I sigh and begin running back towards the house. As much as I would think about it I couldn't change the fact that my pack needed a Luna and she was going to be that Luna I needed to respect her as my future luna.

I reach the house and slip in after shifting, I find a spare shirt and pull it on. I pull on a spare pair of shorts lying around and get them on quickly. Our dinner was tonight and to say I was anticipating it was an understatement, in fact I was dreading this.

Tonight I was to present Evelyn to my family. That would include Lea's side also. Since her death I swore they were still my family and would take part in any family matter. This included.

I hear her soft footsteps slowing down as she realises I'm home. She pauses a moment before making it down all the way, her footsteps make it to the kitchen where I'm currently standing. I turn and look her over her brown hair is pulled away from her face in a knot tied at the back of her head. Then she wears a pink floral summer dress. She was a beautiful girl, and I knew that the pack would be proud to call her their knew Luna even though she doesn't have werewolf genes.

"Is it... presentable?" She asks, her big hazel eyes meeting mine. I keep my facial expressions cold and distant.

I nod slow skimming over her outfit again, "I'm just going to get ready now, the driver will get here in a few" I say before hurrying out of the room towards my room.

I step in and pull out a newly ironed tux, and all I can seem to think about is how we'll be matching for dinner.

-

I take her small hand into mine as she step out of the car that drove us through my lands towards my parents house. Her face is deathly pale as she stares at our interlocked hands. I have a small feeling that she needs a moment before stepping out so I keep her hand in mine and we sit side by side her breaths slow and shallow.

I feel her gaze on me, my mind thinking back to the moment I introduced Lea to my family we had been in this same situation. Except we were young and in love, I drove her here and her eyes were lit up shinning at me she brought her lips up to my cheek and kissed my check before grabbing my hand and pulling me along with her into my parents house.

"Trystan?" A soft voice speaks up.

I shake my head, forgetting about the lost memory, I face Evelyn her eyes glazed over as if she had been thinking about something that has hurt her.