Chapter 9

Fluff. That's all I got. Well, that and the piercing shrieks of Layla as she slammed the plush feather pillow into my face.

"Bitch get the fuck up!" She yelled into my face and I made sure that the back of my hand made oh so "friendly" contact with the back of her head.

"Don't rush me I like sleep." I mumbled tossing over and throwing a pillow onto the top of my head as I tried to fall back asleep.

She then, once again, hit me with another pillow. "What do you want?" I asked grumpily.

"Food." she said as she bounced onto the spot next to me on my ginormous king sized bed. I looked at her through narrowed eyes before getting up and huffing my way over to the bathroom. When I got in there I quickly used the restroom and washed my hands and face.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked over my shoulders as Layla and I made our way downstairs.

"I don't know. Preferably something tasty and edible." she said nodding her as if to confirm her own thoughts.

"No shit Sherlock." I said rolling my eyes and gathering the ingredients for eggs and French toast.

"Don't you have someone to cook your food for you?" she asked completely baffled as to why I was wasting my time with cooking.

"I wanna try." I said scolding her before cracking six eggs into a bowl and using a whisk to mix them.

"Don't burn the place down please." she mumbled into her hands as she shewed on her nails nervously. "I'll be living in this place for about 3 months and I have become quite fond of having it uncharred please?" she continued and I laughed at her nervousness in response.

By the time I had finished making breakfast I had Layla practically moaning into the plate as she scooped my deliciousness into her mouth. "Mmm." she said and glanced at me before her cheeks tinted bright red. She tried covering it with her hair but I laughed at her as if to say 'I saw that'.

When breakfast was done with and the dishes were cleaned, we both made our way back up the stairs to my bedroom before she plopped onto the bed.

"So whats on the agenda for today?" she asked quite peppily and i chuckled before hitting her with the same pillow she did to me.

Today i was actually supposed to go see Zeke in the hospital and be there when the doctor checked his vitals but i still have neglected to mention him or our accident to Layla yet. I guess it was refreshing to have a nice friend like her and not have her stare at me as if i were a box with the words fragile written on the side. the box that people avoided and saved fo last when unloading a u-haul truck.

"Well what do you want to do?" i asked hoping she would offer something up.

"Well.." she trailed off. "It is only a Saturday.. Why dont we throw a party?" she asked and an immediate flashback zoned through.