CHAPTER THREE: I am bat shit crazy about you

Chapter Three: I am bat shit crazy about you

She was walking a few inches ahead of me but not in front of me. We were rarely quiet but the night seemed to have asked for it. I watched her feet, enclosed with black Mary Jane's, move, one foot after the other. She had a different way of walking. She did not carry herself like the generally pretty girls in school who walked as if they knew they were pretty. On the contrary, she walked like she did not know when she was the most beautiful person I have ever seen.

I have seen pretty girls before, sure. I have had girlfriends who were considered pretty for the general masses. But this time though, there was something about the way her hair was losing its light brown color, fading into black. The way it looks neat and how it smelled like shampoo all day long. She had small round black eyes that looked like it held the entire universe in it, with all the galaxies living in both of her eyes. She was pale, not at the start of the day because she wore lipgloss (she might have mentioned it). Her white yellow skin did not help give her face any color. There were slightly dark circles around her eyes but not at the start of the day, when her make up was nicely placed. Later in the day, her make up wears off and I could see her pale skin and the dark circles under her eyes but for some reason, she looked even more beautiful. Only a few people can pull off looking beautiful even when they look tired. She was skinny and short and she hated it whenever I made jokes about her height but she laughed anyways. She laughed easily, it's either that or my jokes are really funny. When she laughs, she places a hand to cover her open mouth that was laughing so hard. When she forgets to, her tiny teeth show. They were not perfect but it looked perfect on her. I would be lying if I said I never looked at her legs. The uniform with their plaid skirts looked very sexy on her. Her snow white legs were not short despite her height. And I was glad that her skirt fell two inches above her knees, enough for me to see a part of her thigh and how smooth her legs looked. Mainly, she looked simply and absolutely breathtaking. Every single day.

She stopped walking suddenly, I noticed that her feet had stopped walking. We seemed to have reached the end of the street where we were going to separate.

"So, see you tomorrow?" I asked even if the answer was obvious.

She looked up at me with her small chinky eyes that sometimes looked big and round, but not today.

"See you tomorrow," she agreed, showing a beautiful smile that I wanted to keep for myself.

How was I supposed to say goodbye? Julia and I have been close for a while now but it was the first time I ever walked with her, or ate with her. We were not close just because she sat next to me, it's simply, how could I ignore her? I honestly did not notice her the first time she showed up, especially when I was not even paying attention. I saw her the first time on the second day of school which was really stupid because she sat next to me the entire first day. It seemed as if she just kept to herself and I hardly even noticed her. My attention to my surroundings was very little.

I remember seeing her for the first time on the second day of school. She was placing her books inside her locker in a very neat way, taking out books and placing them back so they were fixed by size. Her dyed light brown hair was tied into a neat bun behind her tiny head and a few of the hair that did not reach her bun fell onto her face in a messy way, the good kind.

"Who's that?" I asked Richard as we walked past her. I looked at Julia longer than permitted. She yawned and I yawned after her.

"That's Julia," Richard replied simply after glancing at my muse.

"Who is she?"

Richard looked at me with disbelief. "You sit next to her," he replied.

"I do?" I answered in a very genuinely confused way. "Why haven't I seen her?"