Secrets

*One month after suicide*

Athena,

Today I decided to clean my room.I still think every day, your laugh and your voice telling me to do something stupid. Those are some of the things I wish I could still hear. I Just want to know why you decided to commit suicide. Why would you just leave me? Why would you leave us? For the past month, people have been showing up at your house asking if your family is okay... What do they expect? Their daughter just died. I sometimes go over to your house to help. Your mom says that seeing me reminds her of you. She always says that she remembers when we were 5 and would run around the house screaming and playing hide 'nd seek. Your mom lets me go into your room sometimes. I would just sit at the edge of your bed draped with your tie dye sheets and blankets, perfected fixed... Waiting for someone to come home from a long day of school and take a nap. Being in your room reminds me of the "girls nights" we would have where we would just watch stupid movies and eat a bunch of junk food and watch random movies on Netflix or something.... Remember the "girls night" we had after our homecoming dates ditched us? That was way better than any stupid school dance could ever be.

Dear Davina

You won't find this until I'm gone, but I just want to thank you. Thank you for being there for me when no one else was. Please don't blame yourself; There was nothing you could do to stop this. I hope you find this sooner than later, because i've been bugging you to clean your room for what the past 3 weeks or something. Take care of my mom and little brother for me. There are things I haven't told you or anyone before. Davina just remember Nos erit simul habe aeternum.

Love,

Athena

Athena,

I just found your letter! It feels like you're still here with me. Nos erit simul habe aeternum, We learned Latin from some book when we were little but the one thing we remembered was that saying. We will spend eternity together. I'm so sorry that I let you down, I didn't notice that you were in pain. I didn't notice that you were isolating yourself. I'm sorry. I could've done something to stop you. Anything to stop you. I loved you.I loved you so much. Every time you would do something stupid, I would fall deeper in love with you.