Chapter 6

The following morning came way too early for the French heroes. After another strenuous workout, they headed back to their houses before anyone could notice they were gone. For Marinette that meant she arrived at school early for once, surprising Alya and Nino. "What are you doing here so early?" Alya walked over to her best friend and put a hand on her forehead to check to see if she was sick. "No fever," Alya said as she put her hands on Marinette's shoulders and looked into her eyes. "So, what's up?"

"Nothing," Marinette defended as she pushed Alya away. "I just happened to get to sleep early last night and woke up with my alarm." Marinette was also extremely sore. Between the fight yesterday, the training last night and the training this morning her muscles were screaming at her. She just hoped that she would be feeling better by tonight for all the dancing. She was super excited to be getting to spend the entire evening with Adrien!

When they reached the classroom, the whole class was excited about something. "What's going on?" Alya asked Alix.

"Nino's uncle has decided that since he is going to have Nino DJing he is going to open the club up to all high school students! Everyone will be there tonight to support Nino!"

"That's awesome!" Alya couldn't wait to get there tonight and show Nino how much she supported him.

At that point, Chloe walked in with Sabrina. Shortly after she entered the X-Men and Adrien walked in.

"ADRIKINS," Chloe exclaimed as she ran towards the blonde model. "Did you hear about the club opening up to high school students tonight? I am so excited! We'll be able to go and show everyone what a great couple we are!"

Adrien was trying to push Chloe away when suddenly he was several steps back from her. Looking around confused he noticed Kitty still had her hand on his arm. "Actually, Chloe," Adrien stated, "I'm going with a group of friends tonight."

"What? Who?" Chloe was red at being rebuffed and having Adrien taken away from her.

"Nino, Alya, and Marinette," Adrien said. "And now that they are here we've invited the new students as well."

Chloe was seething. "How dare you!" She turned swiftly to Marinette. "You are not good enough for my Adrikins!" She made to move towards Marinette with her hand up to strike her but never got the chance as Kurt and Amanda stepped in-between the two.

"And what do you think you're going to do?" Amanda took a step closer to the blonde. "You do realize that Adrien is a person who can decide for himself who he wants to hang out with, right?" The dark-haired girl narrowed her eyes.

"Like I'm going to listen to a mutie like you," Chloe spat.

"Better a mutant then a stuck-up snob who has to bully people into being friends with her," Amanda growled as she took another step forward.

Chloe looked around and noticed that the whole class was glaring at her. "And what are you guys looking at? It's not like you haven't thought the same thing." Huffing she turned on her heels, stomped to her seat and sat with another huff.

Everyone started to settle down and headed to their seats as the first bell rang. Adrien walked over to Marinette and asked, "Are you alright? I'm not sure what has gotten into Chloe lately."

"It's nothing I wouldn't have been able to handle, Adrien," Marinette said quietly as she smiled shyly at the blonde model. "I'm really looking forward to tonight."

"Me too," Adrien said with a smile. "I'm looking forward to it as well. It's not every day our friend gets to DJ and we get to go dancing."

Marinette had started to deflate as he said the first part about Nino but perked back up when he mentioned dancing. "I guess you've had dance training as well as all your other activities, huh?" Meaning if I try to dance with him I might make a fool of myself. With that thought she was about to start freaking out. Luckily Adrien answered her and she had to concentrate on his answer.