Chapter 8

Edited, possibly.  Tell me what you thin of the new cover.

The doors slowly slid open and saw a huge living room. I'm not joking, it was about the size of the entire ground floor of my house. Walking in with Clint, I was nervous. What if they don't like me? I'm sure Steve has told them I'm a terrorist. That's a good first impression. Please note the sarcasm.

I was expecting everyone to leap to their feet and try to kill me but what I walked in on was not what I expected. Red, Tony and Banner wasn't in the room but Steve and another man were sat watching the TV. As I hadn't been living under a rock, I assumed this other man was Thor as he was the only other person who could fit that description. Tall, long blond hair, built like a tank. Thor turned to Steve and said something about not understanding what was happening when he noticed us.

"Brother Clint, you're back. Who is this fair maiden you've brought with you?" Shouted Thor. Both men looked at us and Steve looked surprised and confused. Probably a shock seeing a 'terrorist' in your home. He and Steve got up and came over to us.

"Thor, this was the girl we sent to get, the terrorist. Clint, what's she doing here? I would've thought Nick would've put her in a cell." I knew this was going to happen. Cautiously, I took a step backwards and behind Clint. For all I know he could have his shield down there and I really don't want to be knocked out again.

Maybe I should've escaped as soon as we got to New York. It would've been safer, kind of, and I would've been freer that way. Now I have to obey all of their rules and regulations which I don't want to do. There might still be a chance to get away but I'm not going to run now. Not again.

"She's not a terrorist, Steve. Fury tricked us into kidnapping her because she was so powerful. He gave her a choice, either the Fridge or become an Avenger so she's one of us now. I don't know why though, as far as I can tell she's nothing special." Way to put it, Clint. Just you wait till I get my stuff Clint because I'll put die in your shower head and turn you green.

"This young maiden is to fight with us? Are you sure? She doesn't look strong enough." He said. I am so mad right now and I think he could tell this by the look on my face. "No offence meant young maiden."

Sure, he may not have meant to offend me but offence was taken. I can't wait to see their faces when they see what I can do. They're in favour a shock, I wonder if I'll have my stuff by then because I want to record their reactions. Now that would be popular in YouTube.

For a while longer we stood there in awkward silence waiting for someone to talk and break the silence but the longer we stood there the less likely it was that someone would. Panicking, I tried to think of something to say but there was nothing. What was I supposed to say when talking to some of the most famous people in the world? Luckily, I didn't have to because Tony Stark and I assume Doctor Banner walk in. Stark was the first one to speak.

"Who's the kid?" He asked no one in particular. Both he and Banner looked confused. It was strange, you'd think I would be one of the least confusing things they've seen. Before anyone else could say anything I begin to talk.

"Hi, I'm Skylar. I was kidnapped by Wealsey and the shifty twins and then given an impossible choice by Fast-and-Fury-ous at S.H.I.E.L.D. who tricked them into kidnapping me by telling them I was a terrorist. It was either become an Avenger or go to a prison in the middle of the sea. As I'm not a fish I chose to become an Avenger. I think that's it." For a while it was quiet but soon most people were laughing.

Banner cracked a smile while Stark and Thor were on the floor they were laughing so hard, Clint and Steve didn't laugh as hard but that's what I expected. Can't expect them to laugh at a joke about them. It's a pretty accurate description of what happened today.

"Man of Iron, I like her! Can we keep her?" Boomed Thor.

"She'll be staying with us Thor and you can't keep a person. I can't see why Nick would want you as an Avenger your just a-"Stark begins.

"Finish that sentence and I'll punch you. All I've heard from you lot is I'm not good enough so fight me and I'll make you eat your words. Like I said earlier, looks can be deceiving." I say while perfectly calm, I think that's what scared them the most.

"Um. . . J.A.R.V.I.S show Skylar to a room on the Avengers floor. J.A.R.V.I.S. will show you the way to the back when dinner's ready. We've got things to talk about." Steve said hurriedly, I think I genuinely scared them. Little me scared the big, mighty Avengers. I waved and left the room following J.A.R.V.I.S.'s directions till I came to a room which I assumed was now mine.

Opening the door, I admired the huge room which I couldn't believe I would be staying in. It was rather basic with three grey walls and one made of one-way glass, a black wardrobe, a black chest of draws, a black and white on-suite bathroom and a huge double bed. Oh I have landed on my feet here. Of course there's a catch, maybe death, but then again I'm going to die anyway so what the hell. I might as well enjoy the short life I have than be miserable prolonging the inevitable.