Fury (matt's pov)

Chapter 5:

I stumble out of bed waking up to my alarm completely unaware of the fact I still had my alarm on. I make my way to my bathroom. Having a quick shower, it sounds cliche but I think really in depth while standing under the heat hitting my body from the water oozing out of my shower head. I hope my dad doesn't come home drunk again, i think while running my hand over a fresh bruise on my shoulder. This mark became a part of my being when my dad came home stumbling across the floor.

I offered a helping hand to assist in walking him up the stairs to his bed. Obviously he wasn't to keen of the idea of resting at this point in time. I suppose he was never to willing to do anything if the idea was suggested by me. He always pointed out my flaws telling me, i'm to young for anything. I'm supposedly to young to be deciding where I wanna go in life. Which is odd because he often forgets that I am 16. It's not like i'm submissive to the fact I am still young to do some things, but I am fully capable of making smart and mature decisions.

As i reached my hand out to my father he slapped it away.

" don't you dare disrespect me you little coward," he spat. Backhanding my face, to my surprise that did not leave a mark. But it was when he kneed me in the stomach that i hurled over. Despite my desperate pleads of pain, he continued. Picking up a baseball bat and smashing the equipment more commonly used for a sport, across my shoulder. That in fact, did mark me almost instantly i felt my shoulder begin to swell. Bruising on impact. My dad then fell back onto the couch and demanded I go to my room, my mom was never at home during night. She was a nurse so most of my dads drunken nights she'd fortunately get to spend away, whilst at work. I of course, did not have this luxury.