Chp. 3 Flashback

Everyday after school kids would rush out to play, including myself. We'd do something fun like jump roping, hopscotch, anything kindergartners​ enjoyed but usually I wasn't allowed to join their games. Their parents wouldn't let me. They were afraid that if I got hurt they'd have to take responsibility since my parents weren't there. In fact I'm not even sure if they were ever home. Thinking back to it now they were probably high off their asses at a friend's house but whatever it was it truly sucked being the only kid who wasn't allowed to play tag.
    Eventually us kids were 3rd graders and the parents weren't outside to watch us as much anymore. It was great, I was involved. Not at first since the kids were so used to making me watch but I made them by threatening to break their dolls or to shred their Pokemon cards into pieces. One boy even cried when I actually did it. That was the day I met Sam actually. No he wasn't the crybaby​, he was there picking up the pieces of the card. Sprouting some shit about it being a rare and that I should've stolen it instead. That's how I knew we'd be good friends. He wasn't like the other pushovers, in fact he ended up pushing me over. And I admired him for that.