Chp. 4 I'm a Cop

I rose my weapon and swung at the shadowed man but he easily slapped the fire poker right out of my hands. Before I knew it I was pinned onto the ground, my face smothered against the hardwood.
    "Not much of a fighter?" The man laughed, his voice getting lower as he leaned down towards my ear. "I mean you're feisty but not very strong,"
I yelped as the man dug his knee into my back. Who was I kidding? He was right, I wasn't strong nor was I the fighter. Sam was.
    "Asshole... What did you do to him?" I asked, being well cautious of our names. I was positive this guy was a cop and if I let Sam's name out they'd contact his parents and that would probably be the end of our long loving friendship.
    "Him?" The man sounded confused but just as soon as he opened his mouth to speak another cop came in from the front door. Oh great. It was unlocked. And I came in through a fucking window.
    "Hey, Josh... There was another who jumped out the window. Think he's making his way towards the park."
'Josh' scoffed. "Alright, call the base and tell them where he's heading," and with that the other cop hurried off.
    "Aren't you a cute one? How long have you been thieving and stuff?" I rolled my eyes, this guy was actually trying to make conversation while pinning me to the ground. I refused to talk. Talking about my situation was the last thing on my mind.
    "Y'know you could go to prison for a really long time for this. Now come on, lets go find your friend," he stood up and yanked me with him.
    "Ouch! Can you not pull so hard?" Josh smirked. "I thought kids like you liked it rough?" He squeezed my arm tightly, making me wince in pain. "Stop, I'm going okay???" My arm has never been squeezed that hard in my life.
    The cars outside didn't look like cop cars. They were pure black with tinted windows. Couldn't see what was in the cars at all. The first thing that came to mind was "gang" but Josh quickly pushed me onto the car to put handcuffs on me.
    "Relax, they're under cover cop cars". That made sense to me. If two cop cars came strolling next to the house we were about to raid then I think we would've held off on it.
"So how'd you know?" I asked him. Josh raised a brow. "What do you mean?"
    "How'd you know what time and day we were going to raid this house?" I continued after he opened the back door of the car and put me in it. "Actually how'd you know we were going to raid this house at all?"
Without giving me an answer, he shuts the door. Wow. First he flirts with me then he ignores me. How rude.
    After about 10 minutes, the officer opened the front door and slouched himself inside the car.
    "Get comfy, I'm not letting you out of those cuffs for a while". How long was a while? I was already getting cramps in my arms.
    "Hey Josh, I wanna sit up front," I smirked. "Not a chance," he stated. I kicked his seat. "Oh my god, I'm arresting a child today, stop". I couldn't help but Snicker to myself. I couldn't believe we actually got caught for the first time since we've started this. Well I got caught. I hope Sam got away.
    "Are we going after my 'friend'?" I asked. "No". He turned on the car. "Police station then?"
    Josh laughed and looked back at me. "You think I'm taking you to the station? The station doesn't even know about this, your parents do though. They called me personally," I blinked. There's no way that was true.
"You're lying. My parents wouldn't do that," I stated quickly. "Listen kid, I've known your parents for years. In a city like this they're lucky to be friends with a cop". But they were drug dealers.
    "Don't take me home! Please!!" My voice choked. I didn't want to believe him but how else did he know about this? How do my parents know about this actually? Everything was confusing me so much I didn't know how to react. I'd figure everything else out later but right now I had to convince him to not take me back to that horrible place.
    "Your parents are lovely people, you ran out on them 2 years ago without telling them anything, how can you say that?" I started to tear up and Josh sighed. "The station can't know about this, but you can stay with me for tonight. I'll take you home in the morning". Cops were the worst but I didn't argue.
    I've never felt so trapped in my life. Not even my parents kept this close of an eye on me. I shifted in the back seat uncomfortably and looked up at the rear view mirror. Josh would be watching the road but would glance at me through the mirror every five minutes or so. Terrifying. It didn't last very long though. We drove through about half the city before arriving at some weird condo.
    "Alright we're here," Josh unbuckled himself and got out of the car. "I'll take those off now," he grinned while opening up my door.
    "Please, they're hurting me," I frowned as he helped me out of the car. This wasn't fun at all. I was expecting something cool, going to prison actually sounded more fun than being pulled around by this Josh guy.
    "Should've thought about that before becoming a criminal, Sam," he took off the cuffs. "Sam??? Wait," I snorted. "You think I'm Sam? That makes A LOT more sense actually".
Josh gave me a questioned look. "You're not Sam???" I shook my head. "Of course not, Sam got away," I smirked and I swear the cop almost turned into a ghost. He caught the wrong kid and now Sam's parents were probably going to chew him out for it. My parents would never befriend a cop. And they would never try that hard for me. But I still didn't want to be brought back to Sam's parents either.
    "You're not fucking with me??" I shook my head. The cop sighed and sat in his car to contact his buddy's. I assumed he wouldn't let me go just yet so instead of wasting my time running, I waited. Josh didn't take long with his call and as soon as he stepped out of the car he looked slightly upset. "Well if you're not Sam then I guess we're going to have a long discussion on who you really are".

*******************
Hey guys, don't forget to rate and tell me how you all feel about this story! It'll help me continue writing it zzzz thanks so much!! :-)