You Care?

I walked into class pulling down my long sleeves. Even if it was 100° outside. I had to wear this or else my counselor would notice. I sat down. I looked up when the teacher said a far too familiar name. "This," she said gesturing to him "is Jayden. You all may know him. Due to some incidents he was moved to this class. Please treat him with respect and be kind." She said smiling. She told him to sit in the empty seat next to, well, she had forgoten my name so she said, the boy with blonde hair and brown tips with the sweater. Jayden avoided eye contact with me and sat down. "H-Hey Sam..." He said, a tinge of guilt in his voice. "Hmm? I don't know Sam, only Sammy sitting here, don't tell me you forgot too." I said jokingly, but you could hear the little sadness in my words. Jayden chuckled then nodded. "I'm really sorry I've been such an asshole..." He said, getting serious, his voice filled with guilt. "I didn't want to leave you alone to deal with what you're dealing with. I'm so sorry. Eleanor threatened to do things to you if I stayed your friend... She... She said she'd... Kill you." He said sadly. I touched his shoulder. "It's fine. I'm ok." I said. But he grabbed my hand firmly. "I know you're not fine. Eveytime you say you're ok, you're broken. It's your way of secretly begging for help. You didn't break our promise, did you?" He asked sternly, but worry clear on his face. I didn't want to say I had broken the promise. After my mom killed her self, I had an almost sucessful attempt, but Jayden had come and saved my life. After that he made me promise never to hurt myself. "N-no..." I whispered. Jayden grabbed my arm and pulled me to the bathroom, muttering something to our teacher before we left. He dragged me to the bathroom and rolled up my sleeve. He saw all the cut and burns covering my arms. "Why would you do this to yourself?!" He asked rather loudly, his voice filled with pain. "I-I had nothing anymore. My dad was getting morw violent and broke the lock on my door. He came in every night and... and..." I trailed off tears filling my eyes. "And what Sam?" He asked. He didn't know my dad was raping me, he only knew my dad was beating me. "He fucked me!" I yelled tears flooding down my cheeks. Jayden threw his arms around me and hugged me tightly. "Oh god, Sammy... Oh god... I broke my promise... I promised I'd protect you... I failed... Oh god..." He blubbered in between heavy sobs. "You care?" I askes. I didn't think he liked me anymore. "Of course I care! Sam I love you!" He shouted tears rolling down his cheeks. I hugged him and whispered in his ear, "I love you too."