05

yoongi stands up, walking over to the railing and sitting on top of it. "what do you say we close that door? we can't have any kind of party with kim checking us out every few seconds."

namjoon shifts in his seat. "well, you know the door's supposed to stay open..." his voice trails off as yoongi shoots him a look.

"so what?"

"so why don't you just shut up!" jungkook blurts out. "there's four other people in here, you know..."

yoongi raises his eyebrows. "god, you can count," his tone is sarcastic and demeaning. "see! i knew you had to be smart to be a...a wrestler."

jungkook is furious by this point; he's talking without even thinking. "who the hell are you to judge anybody anyway?"

jimin nods. "really."

jungkook raises his chin and crosses his arms. "you know, min... you don't even count. i mean if you disappeared forever it wouldn't make any difference. you may as well not even exist at this school."

if yoongi is upset by this, he doesn't show it. however he does pause before speaking, "well...i'll just run right out and join the wrestling team."

jungkook and jimin look at each other and laugh as yoongi keeps going. "maybe the prep club too! student council..."

jungkook scoffs. "no, they wouldn't take you."

"i'm hurt." yoongi announces dramatically.

jimin fixes a glare onto yoongi. "you know why guys like you knock everything..."

yoongi rolls his eyes, raising an eyebrow. "oh, this should be stunning..." he says mostly to himself.

"it's 'cause you're afraid."

yoongi widens his eyes and claps his hands on either side of his face, pretending to be surprised. "oh, god! you richies are so smart, that's exactly why i'm not heavy in activities!"

jimin narrows his eyes, pouting slightly. "you're a big coward!"

namjoon, feeling excluded, clears his throat and speaks up. "i'm in the math club..." he says to no one in particular.

jimin crosses his arms, feeling proud for having 'solved' the mystery that was min yoongi. "see, you're afraid that they won't take you. you don't belong so you just have to dump all over it..."

yoongi snorts. "well...it wouldn't have anything to do with you activities people being assholes...now would it?"

jimin stares. "well you wouldn't know...you don't even know any of us."

"well, i don't know any lepers either, but i'm not gonna run out and join one of their fucking clubs."

jungkook stiffens. "hey, let's watch the mouth, huh?"

again for whatever reason, namjoon decides to contribute. "i'm in the physics club too..."

yoongi finally notices the boy talking to nobody. he looks at jimin, holding up a finger. "'excuse me a sec..." he turns to namjoon. "what are you babbling about?"

namjoon reddens. "well, what i said was...i'm in the math club, the latin club and the physics club..."

yoongi nods, as if actually interesting in what namjoon is saying. he turns back to jimin. "hey...cherry...do you belong to the physics club?" he says.

jimin shakes his head. "that's an academic club..."

"so?"

jimin stares at him as if he's grown a second head. "so... academic clubs aren't the same as other kinds of clubs."

yoongi raises a brow, tipping his head toward an oblivious namjoon. "oh, but to dorks like him..." jimin looks over. "...they are."

"hey, kim." namjoon looks up. "what do you guys do in your club?"

"in physics, um, we ah, we talk about physics...about properties of physics."

"so it's sorta social... demented and sad, but social. right?" yoongi asks.

"yeah, well, i guess you could consider it a social situation," namjoon shrugs. "i mean, there are other children in my club and uh, at the end of the year we have, um, you know, a big banquet, at the, uh, at the hilton."

yoongi nods. "you load up, you party..."

namjoon reddens. "well, no, we get dressed up...i mean, but, we don't...we don't get high."

jimin looks at yoongi disdainfully. "only burners like you get high..."

namjoon isn't finished. "and, uh, i didn't have any shoes. so i had to borrow my dad's. it was kinda weird 'cause my mom doesn't like me to wear other people's shoes. and, uh, my cousin tae...my cousin taehyung from, uh, daegu ... he got high once and you know, he started eating like, really weird foods. and uh, and then he just felt like he didn't belong anywhere. you know, kinda like, you know 'twilight zone' kinda."

jimin laughs. "sounds like you..." he says to yoongi.

jungkook shifts nervously. "look, you guys keep up your talking and he's gonna come right in here... i got a meet this saturday and i'm not gonna miss it on account of you boneheads..."

yoongi rolls his eyes. "oh, and wouldn't that be a bite..." he lets out a groan of fake agony. "missing a whole wrestling meet!"

jungkook's face is red. his fists are clenched by his sides, ready to start swinging. "well you wouldn't know anything about it, f*ggot! you never competed in your whole life!"

yoongi stares at him. "oh, i know... i feel all empty inside because of it. i have such a deep admiration for guys that roll around on the floor with other guys!"

"ahhh...you'd never miss it. you don't have any goals."

yoongi sits up. "oh, but i do!"

jungkook raises an eyebrow. "yeah?"

"i wanna be just-like-you!" yoongi punctuates each word with a poke at jungkook's chest. "i figure all i need's a labotamy and some tights!"

namjoon turns around, interested. "you wear tights?"

jungkook sighs and glances at namjoon. "no i don't wear tights, i wear the required uniform..."

namjoon nods. "tights..."

jungkook raises his fist. "shut up!"

the group hears movement out in the hall and quickly yoongi flops down in the chair between jimin and jungkook, much to the distaste of both younger boys. seokjin goes back into his office, and yoongi chuckles, standing up and going over to the double doors of the library.

"you know there's not supposed to be any monkey business!" jungkook warns, watching yoongi.

the older turns and points at namjoon. "young man...have you finished your paper?" he says, pitching his voice higher to sound like seokjin.

he turns back away and goes to the door. after looking around carefully, he removes a screw from the door.

jimin furrows his eyebrows. "what are you gonna do?"

"drop dead, i hope!" jungkook snorts.