Introduction

Welcome, everyone, to the mess/masterpiece that is Dreaming in Static. 

If you're a YA fan, you'll love this, because I'm also a YA fan and I know how we think. Be prepared for some angsty romance.

If you're a sci-fi fan, you'll also love this, because come on, this is a book about time travel and androids and war (featuring ray guns!).

If you're a fan of stories that end with happiness and the whole cast roasting marshmallows together peacefully, I will politely ask you to leave this book right now, because the end of this story is anything but happy.

I'm obligated to provide a warning at this point, however. This book contains death. Lots of death. Don't read this if you can't deal with death.

Another warning: this book is a first draft. The plot, pacing, and story as a whole are less than perfect. (My grammar is fine, so if you're a stickler for proper English, don't worry, I have you covered.)

This is my first attempt at a full-length novel, so yes, please bombard me with critiques. I strive to fix everything that is wrong with this book. If a single letter is out of place, you have my permission to complain about it in the comments. And if there's some strange inconsistency that I didn't catch, I'll probably love you forever if you point it out to me.

I began writing Dreaming in Static right after I read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, a book I picked up when I was 12 after watching Blade Runner for the first time. (Also the book I lost my sci-fi virginity to, if that's a thing.) 

As such, the earliest chapters of Dreaming in Static, and even the title, probably highly resemble a crappy fanfiction of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. But rest assured, my book has an original plot and original characters. It's nothing like the masterpiece that Phillip K. Dick's novel is, but you won't regret reading it.

This introduction turned out a lot longer than I thought it would, and either you're bored out of your mind or you just want to start reading the story. So go on, turn the page.