3:00am

*the bell rings* I slowly walk towards my opponent sizing him up. I reach out to touch gloves as a non verbal way of saying "may the best fighter win". The crowd going crazy but I tune it out its just me and him. His shoulders move I know he's coming with a right hook. I duck under and give two to his side. He staggers and I follow with a left jab. He backs to the corner nows my chance. I rush him with a flurry of combos not letting up. I start to gas out giving everything I got but better now than never. With a final uppercut that pierces through his defense he drops...
1
2
3
4. There's no way he's getting up
5
6
7. He begins to get to his feet. I hope he doesn't get up I don't have the energy to finish the round.
8
9. He falls back to the ground and the ref calls it off. The crowd goes crazy, I run to my corner to celebrate but everything goes dark. "Remember me nigga" a dark figure but a familiar voice calls out. All I see is a flash, in shock I don't hear a bang but I know it was a gun. Blood rushing from my chest I fade off. I'm back in my room breathing heavily the blood turned to sweat and the wound nonexistent. I check my phone to see that it's only 3am. Thinking to myself how real that dream felt I get up for some water. As I walk up stairs I'm greeted by my mom.
"Morning baby sorry I have to go to work I left some money for food on the counter don't forget to wake up your brothers and sisters for school." She grabs her keys and walks out the door. I grab a cup and fill it with cold water. That dream still haunting my mind I sip slowly. Who could that voice have been I know I've heard it before but I can't think of who it could be. The words that the voice spoke continue to replay through my mind. "Remember me nigga". Fuck it, it was just a dream.