Chapter 12

•Lily's POV•
When I woke up, I tried to stand despite my throbbing head but I was held back by my wrists which were held in shackles. I looked around and saw River was sitting near me but she wasn't tied up.
"Riv?" I whispered, poking her with my foot.
"Lily!" She got up slowly,  hurried to my side, and tried to pull the shackles off my wrists.
Just then, the boy from earlier walked into the room.
River stood up, and walked quickly over to him.
"Hey Riv." He smirked, "It's me, Jack."
"You Are Not My Jack! My Jack Would Never Threaten My Best Friend! Hear That?! You're Not My Best Friend! Not Anymore!" She practically yelled at him.
She then snatched a ring of keys from his belt, then ran back to me and unlocked the shackles.
I started to step towards him, ready to fight, but River stopped me.

"He's not worth it Lily. Trust me." She glared at him.

"You're a monster!" I yelled at him, "You've hurt River more than you know! She loved you, you oblivious jerk! And you broke her heart!"

"River please!" He begged, "Hear me out!"

"You have two minutes. Better make them count. Because these next two minutes could make or break how this ends for us all." She snapped.

"The reason I just disappeared was because my parents made me switch schools, we moved all the way to England. They didn't give me time to say goodbye. I had no way of contacting you, and losing you literally drove me mad. I'm so sorry River, I never meant to hurt you." He paused, and stepped closer to her, "I see you're still wearing the necklace I gave you."

She nodded, a tear slipping down her cheek, "I tried to forget about you. I thought you didn't care, and that you had left me because you didn't care about me. But I kept the necklace...I couldn't get rid of it. Jack, I've missed you so much!"

Suddenly, and surprising me, she threw her arms around him in a hug. He smiled, and hugged her back.

"I missed you too River." He whispered.

"I still don't trust him." I growled under my breath, "Something seems off."

I noticed that he had suddenly changed his ways once he saw the necklace she wore. My bet, it that he only wants her for that necklace. I'm going to keep an eye on him, something's not right.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
River was catching up with Jack, when Jonah crashed into the room. Like, literally crashed into the room. He broke down the door, and looked around.

I ran to him as fast as I could, jumping into his arms and hugging him, "You made it!"

"You're okay right?" He checked me over to make sure I wasn't hurt, "What's happening? What did I miss?"

I pointed at Jack, "That idiot is the one who kidnapped us, but seems to be River's long lost friend. I don't like him though."

Jonah glared at Jack, "Start talking. Start from the beginning."

Jack was about to respond, but River beat him to it, "We knew each other in third grade. Then, right before fifth grade started, he left. His parents made him move. I was heartbroken. But now he's back, and we can be the dynamic duo again!"

I raised an eyebrow at Jonah, "Sounds believable. But I'm still keeping an eye on him." I said.

Jonah nodded in agreement, "Sounds good."

"Let's go home." I said, yawning, "I'm tired."

"Let's go." Jonah nodded, picking me bridal style.

I squeaked in surprise, and slung my arms around his neck.

"J-Jonah!" I squeaked, "Wh-what are you doing? I-I can walk by myself now."

He laughed, "I know you can walk. But you've yawned more than ten times in the last minute, and I don't want you to pass out as we're walking. This is easier."

I yawned, again, and mumbled, "That's an over exaggeration." As I fell asleep in his arms.

===========================
A/N: hey guys! Thank you all for reading my story it really does mean the world to me.

I just wanted to tell you, be ready for something BIG to happen. 😉❤️

Until next time;
~Cass