Chapter 7

When I got home, I saw my friend Lilith was sitting on the porch.
"Hey, Lilith! Sorry I'm late, I was exploring the forest." I said, running over and hugging her.
"Cool! Can I go with you next time?" She asked, glancing at the trees.
"Of course!" I replied, "wanna go tonight?"
"Sure! Sounds good!" She said Excitedly.
"Is River still coming over?" I asked.
"Yea. She just got held back at work." Lilith said.
"Oh. Ok." I nodded, "should we wait for her or go now?" I asked.
"Let's wait. That way we don't have to worry about leaving early to see if she's here." She offered.
"Sounds good." I said, "I already arranged to have Jonah meet us at the middle of the forest. Are you hungry? Let's hop inside real quick and grab some food while we wait."
"Who's Jonah?" She asked.
"You'll see." I smiled.
We walked inside, and started getting out some snacks and setting them on the table. Just then the door opened and River walked in. "Hey Riv! Wanna go into the forest?" I asked.
River for snapped her head towards me, "Duh! I have ever since I came to your house the first time!"
I laughed, and said, "Well than get ready. it's not your average forest."
Lilith and River ran upstairs to grab some clothes. They came over so often, I had made space in my closet and we had put some of their stuff in it.  
Once they had changed, and came back downstairs, I led them to the edge of the forest.
"You ready?" I asked, "this forest is nothing like the forests we used to camp in. Ok, stay close to me and try to keep up." Then, for the second time, I ran into the forest.