Chapter 5

Ugh. Why does life have to be so complicated. It's not fair. Some people (the lucky ones) get a fairy tale life! They get whatever they want. Ugh, I wish I was a kid again and didn't have to worry about anything, just be care free and do whatever, whenever I wanted. But as we all know life isn't like that, and we just have to deal with it..

So the school week went by, and it looks to me like Dan and I are still together, but I can't help but think he doesn't want to be with me.

Monday is tomorrow and I'm going to be showing Josh around the school. I'm so happy to be the one to show him around. I'll be laughing at all the girls who are jealous of me. Haha(:

___________________________________________________________________________________

"So you ready there buddy?" I asked Josh. It was his first day today, and he looked totally relaxed! I would be freaking out if I was him!

"Yes, Kelly I'm ready!" He said while smiling at me.

"Good." I said returning the smile. I'm glad he's now one of my friends. But I just hope Dan doesn't get to pissed off.. Today is going to be a long day..

"Hey Mr. S! This is Josh, he just moved here and he's now my nieghbor." I told Mr. S.

"Well hello, I'm Mr. S, it's nice to meet you Josh." said Mr. S while holding his hand out.

"Nice to meet you to sir" said Josh whiling shaking hands with Mr. S.

"Well i'll see you later Mr. S, i'm gonna show him around more." I told Mr. S and walked out of the class room.

Soon everyone was coming up to Josh and I wanting to know what was up. I introduced him to almost everyone. Who knew people were really into new kids. He didn't seem to mind, I think he liked the attention. We had the exact same schedule except for one class, which just so happened to be the class I have with Dan. Thank God. That could've been a total disaster. At lunch Josh sat at my table with my friends, we always had an extra seat some times people who wanted to talk just came by and sat down but no one ever always sat there. So now he was our new addition. He was so nice to everyone! Even some of the guys that were jealous cause all the girls were all over Josh. It was quite entertaining to say the least. I couldn't help but laugh at all the girls who tried to flirt. But he just ignored everyone. Soon it was the end of the lunch hour and me and Josh were walking to our class when someone grabbed my arm..

"What the-" I said but before I could finish my sentence Dan was yelling at me.

"WHY THE HECK ARE YOU WITH HIM?" He asked glaring at Josh.

"Um exuse me?! He's just so happens to be the NEW kid! And MY NEIGHBOR! Thank you very much! Now back off! We're gonna be late for class." I said while taking Josh's arm and pulling him toward our next class. Dan was just standing there glaring at Josh and I, while Josh was staring blankly at me.

"I'm SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSO sorry!!" I said, trying to hold back tears, for some reason Dan just makes me want to cry ALL the time.

"Oh, Kelly, it's okay. That was Dan wasn't it?" he asked while giving me an apologetic look.

"Yes, i'm so sorry. I don't know whats wrong with him." I said.

"Kelly, don't be mad but,........ Dan seems like the kind of guy that likes to take control of situations.. Are you sure you feel safe with him?" he asked. Where did he get these ideas from?

"Yes, Josh. I can take care of myself. I don't let him get carried away with stupid stuff. He wouldn't dare hurt me, cause if he does my older brother will kick his ass." I said smiling.

"Okay good. And just so you know, I will gladly stand up to him for you." He said smiling down at me.

Ah, it feels good to be comforted..

Hmmmm now what am I going to do with Dan?

The school day ended and me and Dan didn't talk at all the rest of the day. After school I took Josh home and then went to soccer practice with Kathy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'