Chapter One

"Jessie babe, could you pass me the salt?" 

Cory asks Jessie.

They have been together now 9 years. I remember when my sister first told us about her unexpected pregnancy when she was 17 years old. She was so scared she ran away and made Cory, her boyfriend, run away with her. After about a year she came back with Cory but without a baby. She lost it during birth, she was devastated. As much as she didn't want a baby, she couldn't not love the idea of having her own human being with the person she loved the most. When she returned she explained us why she was gone. My father was not pleased about what he heard but, Jessie's mom was supportive enough for both. You see my mother passed away when i was 6 years old, and Jessie's dad left her mother as soon as he noticed the signs of pregnancy. Me and Jessie got in a fight when we were in 10th grade about her throwing shade about me, and after 1 black eye and ripped out hair, they called our parents to school and somehow they started seeing each other. I was overjoyed when me and Jessie started hanging out and became friends, cause imagine sharing a house with your worst enemy.

Right now, as you can tell, we had a family dinner. Cory had recently moved in, and he was a great help. If you saw them together on the street, you'd think to yourself  " Freaks and geeks " and you would be right. Jessie is short and chubby (chubbiness runs in our family), she has 12 piercings which i acknowledge the position of 9. I'm too embarrassed to ask about the other ones, she has some tattoos and multicolored hair. Although she was a Harvard graduate with honors. Cory was too. He was a complete nerd, he was tall and awkward but a gentleman.

Jessie noticed me staring at her and stuck her tongue out with was filled with mashed potato's.

"Gross Jessie."  I tell her hiding my face. She just smiled and swallowed her contents.

"Helen, Uncle Johnny called, and he..-" My dad starts talking.

"No, never, not in a million years." i interrupt him. 

"But look he-" Mom tries to talk too.

"No." I say again.

Dad takes a breath and opens his mouth as to say something but i jump right in.

"I'm not, and i mean never, gonna spend my summer with a selfish boy, cause that thing ain't no man, who "accidentally" pushed me of the balcony and took away my whole life." I tell the furious at them.

"Helen, darlin' it was an accident. And anyway, dancing was never going to work for you." My dad says.

"Plus you don't have a choice. Your plane tickets are purchased and you have 5 days to get packed."

"Are you seriously going to sent me all the way to Australia? Dad that's a 13 hours plane flight!"

"Its actually 10." Cory jumps in the conversation. I just glare at him to stop.

"You need to change your attitude, cause trust me your ticket for your way back home can get canceled" Dad rises his voice.

"You cant make me go." I say tears threatening my eyes.

"Helen, Hawaii isn't the place for you." Mom says with a calm low voice.

"But it is for you!?" i say banging my hand on the table.

"You're leaving Hawaii and that's final." He says standing up and walking towards his office.

I  just sat where i was staring at my napkin, suddenly loosing my appetite for my salad.

"Eat your food." my sister says after our minutes of silence.

I just drop my fork n my plate showing her i don't want to.

"Eat it. You have to take your medicine." She says sternly.

"What if i don't want to? You're gonna make me do something i don't want to do too?" Sarcasm filling my voice.

I say standing up and walking towards the kitchen grabbing a chocolate bar from the sweets cabinet.

"Don't you dare eat it." Jessie says and stands up and so does Cory.

"Helen please, don't eat that. It will just make thing worse for you.

"Fuck you both." I say throwing the chocolate bar at them and grabbing my medicine from the cabinet.

"Helen your diabetes isn't a joke, its serious and i think you know that." Cory tells me and strokes my hair as i dry swallow my pill.

"Just leave me alone" I remove his hand from my hair and walk to my room.

I shut and lock the door behind me and walk straight to my computer. I pressed the power button on the back of the screan and walk to my closet. I grab some pj shorts and a plain white loose fitted t-shirt. After changing i walked to my full siye mirror and took a look at my self. My tall figure standing tall and my thighs are bigger than the size of America. Turning to my left my stomach exposed itself showing the little fat i had on. My bum still the same. Big and wobbly. I never hated my figure but i never embraced it. I never had been less than 70 kilos. Yet sometimes i got attention from males. I always loved sweets and now that i have diabetes i lost my whole life. I'm slowly loosing weight and i stopped feeling like my self. I walked towards my bathroom and opened the window of it. I let the warm breeze come in and start removing my makeup and cleanse my face. After that i jump straight to my computer, blog for a little while.

After a couple hours i glance at my bedside clock and saw the numbers 3.00am shining through my dark room. I closed my computer and jumped on my bed and let Morpheus take me away.

For those who dont know Morpheus is the Greek God of dreams.

Thanks for reading the first chapter of my story. :)

you can contact me through twitter @5sauseofgravy or message me here.