Sixteen

**Calum's pov**

I woke up next to Michael and smiled to myself. We talked the day before and I convinced him to sleep over at my house. I told him that I wouldn't be able to sleep and that I would worry about him if he wasn't next to me. That could seem like manipulation but I just told him the truth and he decided to sleep over.

I kissed the top of his head and pushed him off of me gently. I got up, picked up some clothes from the floor and walked to the bathroom. My alarm would go off in an hour but I decided to stay up because I knew that I would be annoyed when my alarm rang if I went back to bed. I took my boxers off and stepped in the shower.

I washed myself and stepped out again. I wrapped a towel around my waist and brushed my teeth. I dried myself with the towel and pulled on ripped black skinny jeans. I ruffled my hair with the towel and pulled on a navy t-shirt that said Maine on it. I threw the towel in the laundry basket and walked out of the bathroom.

I stepped in my room and smiled at Michael who was still sleeping. I lied on my bed again and let Michael cuddle up against me. He rested his head on my chest and I started to play with his hair. He slipped his hand under my shirt and rested it on my stomach. I chuckled a bit to myself and sighed happily.

The alarm started to ring and I turned it off. Michael looked up at me with sleepy eyes and I smiled. "Good morning", I said and he smiled sitting up on the bed. "Good morning", he said and rubbed his eyes. He looked at me and rested his hand on my stomach. "How long have you been up?", he asked. "For a while, I had a shower and came back here", I said and he nodded.

"I figured, you weren't wearing clothes before", he said and I chuckled. "You're still not wearing clothes", I said and he nodded. "I know", he said and rubbed his face. I sat up opposite from him and took his hand in mine. "Why haven't I noticed these before?", I asked running my thumb over the faded scars on Michael's wrist. "I don't know, I wasn't hiding them", he said with a little chuckle.

"Do you do this anymore?", I asked and he shook his head. "Does it look like it?", he asked and I shook my head. "No, sorry", I said. "I'm just worried", I continued and he nodded. "I know", he said. "Don't be", he said and I chuckled. "That's a bit hard", I said and he nodded. "I know", he said and got up from the bed.

He pulled his shirt on and ruffled his hair. I got up from the bed too and wrapped my arms around him, standing behind him. I rested my hands on his stomach and kissed his neck. He placed his hands on mine and sighed. I kissed his shoulder and rested my chin on it. "Can't we just stay here and cuddle?", I asked and Michael chuckled. "No because you already woke me up", he said.

"Get dressed then", I said kissing his neck and patted his ass. He chuckled and pulled on his black skinny jeans. I packed my backpack and smiled at Michael. "You look good", I said and he chuckled blushing. "I always look the same", he said and I shrugged. "You always look good", I said and he rolled his eyes. "I'm being serious", I said and chuckled. "I know", he said and I smiled.

"Let's head out, Ashton's here soon", I said and he nodded taking his backpack from the floor. I took mine too and we walked out of my room. We headed to the front door and pulled our shoes on. We stepped out of the door and I saw that Ashton was already there. We got in the car and buckled our seat belts.

"Good morning Luke, fancy seeing you here", I said and Luke chuckled. "Good morning", Luke said. "I didn't want him to walk so I picked him up too", Ashton said and I nodded. "How are you guys?", Luke asked and I shrugged. "Fine", I said and looked at Michael. "I'm good", he said and Luke nodded. "Good to hear", he said and turned the radio on.

In a few minutes Ashton pulled up in front of the school and parked the car. We got out and headed inside. "We should hang out soon", Ashton said. "All of us?", I asked and he nodded. "Yea, we should", I said. "Maybe this weekend?", Luke asked and I nodded. "Saturday works, Michael and I are busy on Friday", I said and Luke nodded. "I know", he said and I chuckled. "Yea, Saturday works for me too", Ashton said and I smiled. "Michael?", I asked and he nodded. "Whenever works", he said and smiled.

"Can we not go at my house?", I asked with a chuckle. "Why?", Luke asked. "We're always at my house", I said and he nodded. "Ashton's house?", Luke asked and I looked at Ashton. "Sure, I don't mind", he said and I nodded. "Fine", I said. "I don't know where he lives", Michael said. "I'll walk with you", I said and he nodded smiling. "Or I can just pick you up", Ashton said and I nodded. "Yea", I said and we stepped in class.

We sat down and took our books out. I looked at Michael and smiled. He smiled back and took my hand in his. I looked down to our hands because Michael never held my hand first. I looked back up and flashed a smile at him. He blushed and looked at the desk. I chuckled a little to myself, seeing Michael blush because of me made me feel giddy.

I stared at him and realized that I really cared about this boy. When I wasn't with him, I couldn't stop thinking about him. I always feared that something was wrong with him and when I was with him, I couldn't stop smiling. He made me really happy and I hoped that I could make him happy too.

"Ew, faggots", I heard someone say and sighed looking away from Michael. I looked at Brian who was staring at us. "What was that?", I asked. "You heard me", he said and I was about to stand up but Michael didn't let go of my hand. I looked at him and he shook his head. "Mikey", I said quietly and he shook his head again. I sighed and ignored Brian.

"Mr. Jensen take a seat", the teacher said when she walked in and Brian had to take his seat. "I'm fine", Michael said quietly and I nodded. "I lo-", I started. "I really care about you", I said and he nodded. "I care about you too", he said and I smiled.