Laughter

-Chapter 2, Laughter-

Grace's POV

As I pulled on my t-shirt I let my music fly around the room and run into my ears, making my ear drums vibrate creating the beautiful noise I was hearing. As I pulled my t-shirt down I let my self sing along to the music. 'Let it go! Letit go! You'll never see me cry! Here I stand, and here I'll stay. Let the storm rage on.......................................... The cold never bothered me anyway.' I used my hands to act out Elsa's movements. I pulled my medium length brown hair into a high ponytail, in which it just fit. I brushed my fringe quickly and pulled on my jumper. 'Let it be! Let it be! Let it be, ooh, let it be! Speaking words of wisdom, let it bee.' I sang along to The Beatles. I raced downstairs, skipping stairs as I sprinted down. I was running late. As always. It was 11:20 and I had to leave for rowing at 11:30, to be there for 12. I walked to the kitchen and greeted my father, who was on the office, on the way. As I walked into the kitchen I heard my brother on the phone to one of his so-called mates in the lounge. I decided to poke my head round the door. 'Now way. Dude! Bro, you are the-..' he noticed me spying on him with raised eyebrows. 'Grace! Go away! This isn't a frickin conversation you want to fricken hear!' He slammed the lounge door in my face. Douchebag. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed my "brunch" from one of the countertops. I grabbed a knife and fork and placed my meal on the table. I sat down and dug into my meal, bacon, sausages, and hashbrowns. I dug into the juicy sausages first, saving my hash browns for last. Ellie-May came in, in light blue skinny jeans and a white crop top with a white aztec print on it. She got a glass of orange juice and sat on the table in front of me, sipping her orange juice and taking snapchats. 'you really should eat something Ellie.' She raised her eyebrows at my comment, but I had now finished and was on my way to grab my kit bag.

I walked in to my fathers office, lightly tapping on the door to warn him of my entering. 'Yes, yes. I'm ready lets get moving.' Her jumped off his chair and out of the office. We walked out of the house, saying an aimless goodbye to thin air. We were then on our way.

*

*

*

*

*

*

As we pulled into a parking space I jumped out with my bag. And, saying goodbye to my father, walked into the clubhouse. As I walked in, I was greeted by Eve, my bestie at rowing. I threw down my bag and we ran up to each other in a hug.

'Graciiee!'

'Eviiiiee!' Which caused area stares from the guys, but we just glared back at them. We laughed at each other. 'Eve, I met Gemma.' She looked at me like I was insane. 'I have her number.' I finished. Her eyes widened. 'Give it to me.'

'No.' I said, pulling her away from me. And that was when she started chasing me around, trying to grab my phone, chanting, 'Give it to me, give it to me.' etc.

*

*

*

*

*

*

Rowing had consisted of circuits and two 2 kilometres. When our session was over my legs and core ached. When I went to give Eve a hug good bye, she pulled herself into me. 'I will get that number.' She said in a deep, low voice. I laughed at her. 'Yeah,yeah.' I left and got in the car, and soon was on my way home.

*

*

*

*