1: Goodbye

Today is a day full of lasts, last time that i will stand in my childhood home, the last time i will go to Sundae Fundae with Gemma and the last time that i was able to relive all the amazing memories that i had growing up here. My whole life was here.  "Are you ready to leave?" My father called to me as he stood by the car door with the door open, waiting for me to enter. "Not yet" I called out as i ran back into the garden through a small break between the hedges and to the treehouse at the back of my childhood garden.

"Three large steps past the rope swing" i said as i opened my legs slightly wider than normal, as i walked past the old rope swing i pulled it slightly with me and let it go when i stopped. i could hear the rope make noises as it started to slow down with each swing. "Two steps left" i continued "four steps foreword, quarter to the left and one step" I got onto my knees, the mud cladding my clean jeans. I didn't care though, dirt or no dirt on my jeans. I was proud that i had managed to remember the directions that Gemma, Bradley and myself had made when we were kids. Pulling the rocks from under the hedge i pulled out an old tin which we had snuck from my parents many years ago at christmas. A small purple old tin biscuit tin was currently held in my hands, memories rushed through my head of that night and many others that were experienced through the years with my two best friends. Getting off my knees i brushed them with my hands as i stood up, probably not even making a difference unless smudging them counts? I smiled one more time as i looked up to the now unused treehouse which probably still had old toys stuck up there. I sighed once again knowing full well that i wouldn't be coming back here again and started to walk off towards the front of my old house. My father calling out my name so i sped up, racing towards the car and saw my dad waiting for me, he motioned me towards him and shook his head. "You couldn't wait another fourty years?" he asked me. "I wouldn't be able too" i said as i sat down in the car and grabbed a bottle of water which i had stored in my bag. "Off to L.A" I smiled as words ran out of my mouth, excitement running through my veins.

Turning my head out of the window i came across my very soaked and very cold best friend. 'I love you' i mouthed to her out of the car window as she stood there in tears, rain now pouring overhead. She held up a heart in the air, made out of her hands. She brought it close to her chest as she mouthed 'i love you' back to me. I waved quickly and turned my head, following her with my eyes but leaving my heart as we started to drive further and further down the road, further and further away from what i once would have called reality. Tears spilling from my eyes as i watched my best friend disappear from my view. "Love you Gem" I said with a heavy heart, feeling as though it had been ripped out. My father pulled me back to face the front of the car, so i would be sat properly in my seat. I re-adjusted my belt so i was more comfortable. I pulled out some makeup wipes from my bag and started to clean up the small amount of mud on the tin box before placing it in my bag ready for whenever i was ready to look inside it, to recall all of the things i had probably forgotten.

'Don't forget me, we'll talk. Always Gem -Paige'

I sent the message to my best friend as we headed onto the bypass and towards the motorway. Opening up the mirror from the roof of the car i brushed out my copper blonde hair which fell to my waist and placed it in a high ponytail to keep it out of my way for the flight, I dug out my tour hoodie from my bag to wear over the tank top that i had on now. I smirked slightly as i pulled it over my head, remembering the night that i had brought this hoodie.

It was a couple months before i even knew that we were moving house, the night that Gemma had brought me my ticket i had known that it was the night of the dinner, the important dinner between my father and the Mayor. My father had sponsored something if i recalled correctly. I pretended that i wasn't feeling well, you know the fake sickness you do when you really just can't take going to school. Well, that's what i did. The clammy hands, hairdryer over the forehead to make it hot, drinking hot tea in case of a thermometer. The pretending of the cramps in the stomach and the groaning. I had it all planned out, surprised at the time that i kept my cool until my parents had left.