Chapter Three

Rosa POV

~*~

I looked at Nevaeh in shock, I didn't plan to meet my mate today of all days. Obviously, I wasn't going to reject him. There was no reason to, and he didn't seem to want to reject me either.

I think.

"Well, if you don't mind us, we have to get going." I told him, grabbing Nevaeh's arm and dragging her towards the car.

I could feel my head start to pound again, the painkillers seem to be losing affect. Before I could even reach the car, a strong hand held onto my arm. I looked up and saw Alpha Salvator looking angry, his hazel eyes turning black with gold specks seeming to dance around his iris like flames. His wolf was clearly dominating his human side at the moment.

"What makes you think I'll let you out of my sight?" he asked, smirking.

I glared at him, "What makes you think I need your permission to do anything, Alpha?" I spat.

How dare he speak to me like he owns me, one thing that poor Alpha isn't used to is probably having someone question him. I'm his mate and a Lycan, I don't take shit from anyone, and I won't start doing so now.

Apart from letting daddy beat you like a boxing bag every bloody time. You get it? 'bloody' time, because you always end up bloody, said my wolf.

I rolled my eyes, great joke.

Not.

"You're my mate, you will come with me." He practically ordered, I scoffed at that. I looked at Nevaeh and she nodded at me in understanding.

Game on.

I walked towards him, closing the gap between us. I wrapped my arms around his neck and felt him tense up, perfect. I looked at him and smirked a little, I leaned forward and whispered in his ear, "Listen here mate, I don't do well with orders."

Pulling away from him, I smirked at his shocked expression and practically ran into the passenger's side of the car. Before I even had a chance to shut the door, Nevaeh floored it out the car park. I could hear Salvator let out a growl, I'm pretty sure the car park even vibrated a little.

"You are brave," Nevaeh whispered.

I looked at her with a grin, "Why are you whispering?"

She shrugged her shoulders at me, "It seemed way more dramatic." I let out a laugh at that, of course. I'm not even surprised at this point.

Nevaeh pulled up on her driveway and parked beside my car, she switched the car off and we got out. I walked up the steps leading towards her front door and opened it. I could smell the cookies from inside the car. Practically running to the kitchen, I saw Nevaeh's mother- Violette, taking out a fresh batch of cookies out the oven.

Brandon, Nevaeh's brother was trying to sneakily take a cookie but Violette slapped his hand away.

"Ouch, mother!" he whined.

I snickered at the sight in front of me, and he looked up and glared at me playfully. Violette turned to face me with a huge smile, she walked over to me and pulled me into a gentle hug.

"Hello sweetie, would you like a cookie?" she offered, I nodded my head eagerly and she laughed. Pulling out a plate, she placed a few cookies on it and handed me the plate. I pulled out the stool behind the island and sat down next Nevaeh.

I placed the plate in front of us and picked out a cookie, I could see Brandon looking at his mom in shock.

"How is that even fair!" he exclaimed, I smirked at him and took a big bite out of the cookie. He frowned slightly, and I felt guilty so I handed him one of the cookies on the plate.