Chapter Eight

Rosa

~*~

My ribs felt tender, I tried opening my eyes but I couldn't. It was like I was disconnected from my body. All I could see was darkness, I couldn't hear what was going on around me. It was like I was just stuck.

Is this it?

Is this the day when I see my mother again?

My surroundings started to change suddenly, I wasn't surrounded by darkness anymore. I looked around and saw endless fields of grass. The trees stood tall and proud, and the sun was shining. I held in my breath, it was honestly a breathtaking view. Looking further into the woods, I saw something run into the woods.

Feeling curious, I walked further into the woods, following where I saw the outline of what seemed to be an animal of some sort. I had no clue where I was headed; I stopped once I saw a waterfall. I've honestly never seen one close before, and looking at it now, the movies didn't do it any justice.

Under the waterfall was a cave, I could faintly see a silhouette of someone or something sitting inside the cave. Deciding to not think about the risk I was going to take, I headed towards it. It was probably a stupid decision, but honestly I needed to know who was there, or what was there.

It was a strange feeling, like they were calling out to me.

I climbed up the rocks, making sure to hold onto the rocks further ahead for support. I didn't want to fall and land straight in the water. Once I reached the top, I wiped my hands on my dress, looking down I couldn't help but feel confused.

I wasn't wearing my dress; I was in a gown. When did that happen? Looking at it closely, it looked like a hospital gown. It was then everything clicked into place. I remembered everything, from the beating, to Salvator and then passing out. I'm probably in some sort of coma. That is the only reasonable explanation that I had. I mean it makes sense, especially with the way I felt now. It was like I was floating, it felt almost cloud like.

Focusing on the reason why I climbed up here, I carried on walking towards the cave. When the cave was in front of me, I walked in a little. I gasped when I saw the sight in front of me. I was looking directly at my wolf. My golden and white furred wolf. How was that even possible?

My wolf walked towards me and rubbed herself on my leg, I placed my hand on her head and stroked it. This was weird, I've never heard of this before. Of someone being able to physically see their own wolf whilst still in human form.

"How?" was all I asked.

You are currently floating through nothing; you are not in any part of the universe. I can't tell you where you are now, but I just wanted to let you know that you must make your way back. You will face quite a few obstacles, and meet people that you once knew. Remember everything is happening for a reason* my wolf informed me.

"Are you back? I don't know if I can survive without you with me." I whispered, I needed reassurance. I needed to know that my wolf wouldn't leave me again.

My wolf licked my leg, and rubbed her snout on my leg, managing to comfort me.

Rosa, you have been very brave. I respect how you handled the situation and didn't let your father bring you down. I promise to never leave your side, and to always protect you and be with you as one. Because that's what we are, one. United, and together we can take down anyone or anything* my wolf vowed.

I smiled a little, feeling relieved. "Thank you."

I need you to hold my paw Rosa. We need to be united again, and this time you will feel the full effect of being a Lycan. You will feel our power, strength and your mindset will improve. Trust me on this and hold onto my paw* my wolf said.

I trusted her. That was a fact, holding out my hand, my wolf placed her paw on top of it. I held onto it tightly, and then sucked in a sharp breath. It was like I unlocked another part of me, I closed my eyes unable to handle the intensity of everything.

I could feel power surging through my veins, my body felt more strong. I felt more confident, and everything seemed to clear in my mind. It was like I unlocked my full potential, I felt different. And it felt bloody amazing.

Opening my eyes, I was confused to see my wolf had gone.

I'm right here* said a familiar voice. I sighed in relief, we were one again.

I looked around wondering which direction I should go. I saw a light glistening on my right, further into the tree's. I decided to follow the light, I didn't know how long I was walking for, and which direction I was headed. But I decided to let the light guide me.

I stopped when I saw a small blue cottage a little further down in the clearing, the light seemed to have vanished, and I took it as a sign to head towards the small cute cottage. Once I reached the brown door I knocked on it. I could hear voices and footsteps, before the door opened.

I let out a gasp, and immediately felt tears in my eye.

"Mom?" I whispered.