Unannounced Engagement 1/2

"Don't you think you're overdoing this" Brooke Sherbrooke said to her mother as she had her make up rounded up by Gucci Westman, one of the best make up in Hollywood, and her hair equally styled by another professional. They were having dinner with Collins Croft, and his son Brandon in hotel D'amore  which was owned by Austin Bratley dad, Stephen. The name of the hotel has got people thinking if Austin was actually his legitimate child, if Ellen Degeneres hadn't make a hell lot if money from hosting those two on her show then there was no point in finding his real mother because really she was sitting at home drinking margaritas off golden cups.

But then, Alyssa had taken it upon herself to let Brooke and herself look as exquisite as the nine words spelling that word, and Brooke saw everything as tiring as can be. After everything that happened in school, breaking up with her boyfriend and getting kicked out of the group, she thought it would be quite relieving to hop on some ripped jeans and get this done with. If someone didn't know, they would think she was preparing for some red carpet and she didn't think celebrities went through this much stress. She really just wanted to sleep.

"Overdoing what?" Alyssa gave her daughter the expression that Brooke could understand as 'No matter what you say, you're not running away from this'

"This whole thing, I mean it's just dinner. I bet if Trump was coming over, it wouldn't be this extreme"

"Firstly, Trump is not my fiancee and secondly, shut the fuck up and let's leave"

Broke sighed, rolling her eyes. Her mother getting engaged seemed to be more than a nightmare than her fight with Ashley. She wouldn't be this depressed if he was some underground billionaire, but it being Brandon's dad made it a whole lot worse.

"I don't want to go, you don't have to do this" Brooke stood up from where she sat, her black Narciso Rodriguez sleeveless V- neck gown, glistening and matching perfectly with her jet black hair cascading in waves down her back. Her red Louis Vuitton heels also matching with her red Dolce and Gabanna clutch bag held firmly with her hands adorned with a Rose Dentelle bracelet in 18-carat pink gold with diamond. If this wasn't overdoing to Brooke, she wondered what was. Not to talk of the sleek white limo that Collins had sent to pick them up. She was treated like a queen but to her she was a fallen princess with a broken crown and of course no prince charming.

Alyssa stopped in her Jimmy Choo white suede and hot fix crystal Embellished sandals, turning back to face Brooke who had a distraught look on her face, which nearly didn't faze her at all. She didn't wear an 20-carat diamond ring on her finger to be stopped by her clueless seventeen years old who thought she was overdoing it.

"Brooke, just until you earn your first million dollars you have to do everything I say, even if it's to kill yourself. Stop acting like those fucking peasants and move on" She didn't bother waiting for a reply before walking ahead.

Arriving at the hotel, Brandon and his dad were already seated waiting for them. It literally didn't take guys anything to throw on a Ralph Lauren suit and still look fucking righteous. They had long booked reservation for a private room, a dining room extremely decorated to perfection. A line of chandeliers hanging on the ceiling, a large round table covered with Italian table sheets and expensive chinaware. Brooke couldn't help but feel slightly at ease with the elegant feel in the room, the whole thing was like a modern scene from Princess diaries at least Collins had put in extra effort for this dinner. She quickly walked to her seat while Collins greeted her mom, only to be greeted with Brandon's usual annoying smirk. Brooke couldn't deny how hot he looked in his Ralph Lauren suit, for someone like Brandon she was quite impressed with his effort of at least throwing on a suit.