Chapter Six

That night after making a mock track, Teagan sat on a platform. Her feet dangling over the edge as she went through photos on her phone.

"Why so gloomy?" She looks up to see Tej taking a seat next to her. He looks at her screen to see a picture of a dark haired boy kissing the cheek of the blonde next to him. It was obviously winter and she was sporting the biggest smile ever. "Who's that?"

"My..." She trails off wanting to call him her boyfriend, but her voice wouldn't let her. "It's very very messy right now. You don't want to get caught up in it."

"Okay," he says and changes the topic. "Then how do you know Dom?"

"Oh we go way back," Teagan smiles wanting to tell this story. "I met him when I was just getting into the business, I was fifteen."

"Fifteen?" Tej asks and she nods.

"I became an honorary member of the Toretto family," She continues. "After years of doing crazy heists with them, Dom gave me an out when I turned eighteen along with a hundred thousand dollars."

"I'm guessing you took it," Tej guesses and she nods again.

"My life was crazy then," Teagan shakes her head. "My sister had brain cancer so I was racing for her treatments. It was a good thing I never lost or else I would probably be dead. After I was given the out, I left to help my family. Since then I've gotten a PhD in Linguistics, became a translator for one of the biggest law firms in LA, and got into a stable relationship. I had everything I wanted."

"Then Dominic called you," Tej guesses correct again.

"I owed him," She says. "Now when I go back I'll lose my job and probably break up with my boyfriend because I don't want him in this life."

"Sounds like you love him," Tej says and she glances at him.

"Just a little bit," She giggles and nudges his shoulder. Dom's mustang makes its way into the garage and the car coming in after him catches everyone's attention. "Let's see what they got."

"Really?" Roman stands up. "Where'd you get that from? Papa Smurf?"

That night when Brian finished with his round, they realized they were going to need a faster car. So Dom and him went to get another one.

A/N Filler chapter I know, super short, but every good story needs a filler chapter.