Chapter 2 - The 'Not-date' with Anthony

Chapter 2

Nikki’s POV

So after that impossible first day, Mari invited me to sleep on her couch until I bought new furniture (the things I was bringing over from Australia were smaller personal items, but I still needed to buy the larger bits of furniture, e.g. a couch, a bed, dining table etc.) and I agreed, preferring to sleep on a couch that a patch of carpet. About 3 days later, Mari was out at the Smosh HQ and I was by myself in my apartment, looking at the view… loving the view, when I heard a knock at the door. I went and answered the door, surprised when I saw it was Anthony.

“Hey, Anthony, you’re making a habit of this. Mari’s house is next door, but she’s out anyway” I said smiling, his gorgeous hair was shorter, he’d cut it, it seemed. Not much, but enough to make a difference. He looks... older, more mature. More handsome... damn. He had a bit of stubble on his chin – stubble on a man was my weakness, so damn hot! – and he was wearing black jeans, a grey undershirt with a blue unbuttoned plaid shirt on top, sleeves rolled to the elbows, that black pendant around his neck that I’d noticed him wearing sometimes in Game Bang. God he is so hot

“No, actually I’m here to see you, idiot” He said, smiling. I raised my eyebrow, curious. “Well Mari said you hadn’t seen much of California yet, and I thought I could take you to San Fransisco, it’s about an hour and a half drive.” He wasn’t as awkward as he had been when we’d first met, it was great because if I was hanging around THE Anthony, I wouldn’t want him to act strangely for me. “So grab your shit and let’s go!” he grinned and I realised he wasn’t really going to give me an option, not that I was complaining. I swivelled around on the spot and reached for my TARDIS satchel, which had my phone and wallet in it.

“Ok ok bossy boots let’s go.” I smiled and playfully shoved him out of the way standing in my doorway, I locked the door behind us and we walked towards the elevator. “I like you’re new haircut, you almost look as hot as Ian.” I joked, he chuckled and shoved me playfully with his shoulder “No, you know I kid, you look great. I reminds me of Brendon Urie, love him!”

“No way! You like Panic at the disco too??” Anthony suddenly turned to face me. The elevator door dinged and I stepped inside, he followed suit.

“My favourite band that are still together. I love their new album.” I grinned and he fist pumped saying ‘Me too!’ I laughed at his antics. He asked me what I meant by ‘favourite band that are still together.’ And I told him my favourite bands otherwise there Queen – ever classic – and My Chemical Romance, but they had both split up, or in Queen’s case, had members die.

We chatted about our favourite music until we got to my building’s car park, I obviously hadn’t gotten my own car here yet, so we took Anthony’s car. He said he’d drive

“A) since I’m a manly man man. And B) because you’re not used to driving on the right sight of the road” He said as he got in, and I sat in the passenger’s seat, trying not to fangirl OMIGOSH I’M IN ANTHONY PADILLA’S CAR!!! My head was screaming, but I remained calm externally.

“You know in Australia, we consider you guys to be driving on the wrong side of the road, so you can’t judge, doofus.” I said mockingly.

“You’re the doofus, doofus.” He laughed “I meant driving on the right side of the road, not the correct side of the road. I wasn’t making a pun. Though you made it in to one.” I blushed and laughed, I’d already made an idiot out of myself. I muttered a ‘Shut up!’ and he laughed again,

“Do you mind if I vlog today’s events??” He asked,

“Of course not! It’d be my proverbial honour.” I giggled, he chuckled too, then reached for his portable camera in the glovebox, his hand brushing my knees accidentally, he apologised but didn’t retract his hand, I fought a blush from creeping up my cheeks. When he’d gotten the camera he passed it to me.