chapter 5 | 五

"tsukishima!" her voice rung out through the halls. (f/n) was running through the halls, calling out to the tall blonde. he ignored her, and kept walking, with his headphones covering his ears and hands in his pockets. she was panting when she finally caught up to him.

"what is it chibi-chan?" he looked down at her through his glasses. he had a condescending smirk on his face. "did you finally realize that you've been walking around with a sign on your back?"

"what?!" (f/n) swiped frantically at herself.

"just kidding baka." he chortled. she huffed, but smiled again almost immediately. "oi wipe that stupid smile off your face and tell me why you're so happy already."

"oh right," she rummaged inside her binder, and pulled out a sheet of paper and shoved it on his face. "i aced the re-test!"

"as expected." he scoffed. "you had my help after all."

he paused for a moment before patting her head. "good job."

"thanks!" she smiles cheekily.

"oh! (l/n), great job!" yamaguchi approached them.

"your studying really payed off!" he praised. she thanked him, and they ate lunch together.

-

the guys were doing their stretches, when takeda ran into the gym, noticeably disheveled, as if he had been in a rush. he seemed excited to tell them something.

"guys! we have an announcement." ukai followed behind the teacher.

the boys stopped their warm up and stood in a semi-circle around the coaches.

"we organized some friendly matches with date tech high!" the faculty advisor announced happily. the team cheered.

this wouldn't be their first practice match against the school, but they were looking forward to it nonetheless. even though they defeated date tech's volleyball team before, karasuno's crows were still excited to play against them. they believed that even playing with players that weren't just as good as them, still helped them improve. that was one of the things that (f/n) loved about her friends.

"let's train hard today." nishinoya shouted.

the continued with practice, but daichi couldn't help but notice that something was off. it wasn't that people were slacking, but the captain just thought that something was missing. he took a seat beside ukai and hunched forward, staring intently at his team.

"we need to change up our training regimin," he proclaimed. "they're becoming much too habituated with the current one."

"hmm..." ukai rubbed him slightly stubbled chin. "ah, i guess you're right."

he sighed. "i'm afraid none of us really have much time to do it."

(f/n)'s head shot up.

"i can help!" she blurted excitedly.

everyone's head turned towards her. maybe she shouted a little too loudly.

"do you even have any experience with training?" kageyama demanded coldy.

"don't be so cruel kageyama!" hinata advised him.

"of course!" (f/n) payed no mind to how the ravenette doubted her. "i was the captain of the female track team at nekoma, and i was in charge of the conditioning." she really was experienced in this domaine. nekoma was known throughout schools all over, for having amazing female atheletics, all thanks to her.

"woah!" tanaka's eyes widened. "that's so cool (f/n)-chan!"

(f/n) spent the following days working intently on a new training regimen. this was the first major task that was assigned to her, so she wanted to do her absolute best. soon enough, she developped drills that were very different from those before. she stated up late a night, researching volleyball plays, and she tried to incorporate activities that would contribute to each of the boy's needs.