chapter 6 | 六

when tsukishima woke up in the morning, he immediately texted (f/n), reminding her to wake up, before getting himself a glass of water.

when he got out of bed, he froze. pain erupted throughout his body, and he fell back onto his bed, stuck in the same position, too afraid to move again. he was sore all over from the intensive training the day before. after a few more minutes of simply laying sprawled on his mattress, wallowing in his own self-pity, he trudged around his room, getting ready for the day to come.

-

the next morning, she got another text from tsukishima.

wake up.

she replied, after sitting herself up on her bed. she decided it was time to change his contact name.

to: strawberry-chan
from: mr. kiyojin
|8:04am
the sun's not out and you expect me to do what now?? (ᵕ̤)

she received a reply almost immediately.

to: strawberry-chan
from: mr. kiyojin
|8:05am
look outside you idiot
|8:05pm
mr. kiyojin?

(f/n) spread her curtains, and the sun was indeed up.

to: mushroom
from: mr. kiyojin
|8:06am
i'm waiting outside.

she peaked outside her drapes and saw that the boy was leaning against a wall, on the building beside hers. she rushed to get ready, not wanting to keep him waiting.

she skipped in his direction, stopping right in front of him. he looked up from his phone and tucked t away in his pocket.

"why am i a mushroom?" she asked, curiously.

"because that face you always send me." was his curt reply. when he saw the girl's look of confusion, he pulled his phone out again and showed her their previous conversations, in which she sent the emoticon: ʕʔ rather frequently.

she also noticed that he had a picture of her assigned as his contact photo. it was of her, on the midst of stuffing a rice ball in her mouth during their lunch period.

'mou, how embarrassing.' she thought. 'possibly one of the worst candids of me. ever.' however, what she didn't know, was to the megane she looked hella cute.

"that's a bear."

"it looks like a mushroom to me."

she rolled his eyes and walked in the direction of karasuno.

"h-hey!" tsukishima struggled to get up from his position off the wall. his body still ached. "wait up."

"why are you so slow today?" (f/n) questioned.

"because of your stupid conditioning." he spat.

the girl laughed at his struggling figure. she snapped a quick photo; his face was scrunched up in slight discomfort and he was struggling to move with his body hunched over and arms flailing, sticking out at an odd angles. (f/n) set it as his contact photo, and slowed her pace.

-

it turned out it wasn't only tsukishima that suffered with the after effects of (f/n)'s rigorous training. the whole team was sore, and they could barely move.

"okay guys," ukai clapped his hands together. "let's do some diving drills."

"ah, coach," daichi replied weakly, leaning on suga for support. "i don't think that the team's in any shape or position to train."

"nonsense!"

"no really!" hinata protested. "i couldn't even get up this morning."

everyone nodded and mumbled in agreement. (f/n) frowned. though, she wasn't upset about them not using her regimen for the day.

"gosh guys," the team looked at the fuming girl.  "you-"

"no it's not like we don't appreciate your work (l/n)!" yamaguchi assured her nervously.

"-you guys should take better care of yourselves!" she shouted.

huh? the boy's eyes widened.

"you should've known that you would be sore the next day," she continued. "considering how hard the training was in you yesterday. it's important to take the time to properly stretch."

everyone was silent.

tsukishima was the first to speak up. he walked up to her, and bent his knees a little to match her level. that frustrated her greatly.

"okay strawberry-chan," he smirked. "calm down. we don't want you blowing a fuse on us."

"no, you!" she was just yelling whatever. "you calm your tatas!"

"i hope your wifi stops working." he sneered.

she gasped in horror.

"well i wish you were like the dinosaurs." she retorted.

"what the hell?"

"they're all dead." she cackled evilly and ran away.

"why you-" tsukishima was ready to commit murder right then and there before daichi and ennoshita held him back.

"(f/n)'a right." suga interruped him with a sigh. "thank you (l/n), we really should start taking better care of our bodies."

"including you tsukishima." daichi added. the tallest member didn't seen to happy about it, but he complied anyways.

they spent the rest of the practice stretching.

-

yams, the kiyojin, and the strawberry were sitting on the rooftop, eating their lunches. (f/n) packed herself a very cute bento, like usual. she filled it with an assortment of foods, such as small sausages, vegetables, takoyaki, and onigiri. she was quite proud of it all.

she was in the midst of happily popping an eel takoyaki in her mouth, when tsukishima stole something from her lunch; he took a small sausage, and took a bit before (f/n) could protest. he always took a little of her lunch nowadays, even though he had his own.

"that was mine." she pouted.

"mhm, was." he put emphasis on the past-tense term.

"tsukki that was mean." yamaguchi added.

"tch."

"if you like my lunches, i can just make you one too." (f/n) said casually.

the boys stopped eating, with their chopsticks halfway risen to their gaping mouths.

"i-i mean it's not out of the way or anything." she blabbered when she noticed their reactions. "hahah why would i go out of my way for you tsukki it's not like i care . i mean i do care, why wouldn't i care don't worry i care. i enjoy cooking and assembling bentos anyways-"

"okay." the blonde replied, tearing his focus away from her, resuming to eat his lunch.

"eh?" was he serious?

"sure, make me lunch." he confirmed.

"o-oh..." she smiled slowly. "okay!"

yamaguchi just sat there, processing what just happened. his face then erupted into a smile. he was happy for his best friend.

he chuckled to himself. just get together already.

hey y'all 

its me the fake who says she's gonna become regular but doesn't.

a big thank you to everyone that's still sticking with this story :')

-k