Chapter 9

"Are you coming to the party or not?" Camryn asks over the phone.
"Yeah. Honk when you get here," Aidan says as she looks for her bikini set.
"Ok see you in a few minutes." Camryn says.
"Yeah." Aidan ends the phone call and finds her bikini set after. She goes to the bathroom, shutting the door behind her and changes into her bikini set and starts brushing her hair. Aidan afterwards grabs her phone and takes a selfie in the mirror.
"Ew." She says and deletes the photo as she walks back into her bedroom. Then she heard a loud horn and walked out the door seeing Camryn and a couple of other people in the car. Aidan hops in and Camryn drives away from Aidan's neighborhood. Camryn turns up the music and one of the girls starts dancing.
"Love your Jeep, Camryn." Aidan says loudly.
"Thanks. I got it for my birthday." Camryn smiles and stops at the red light.

Camryn and Aidan walk over to Oliver.
"Hey. Cool party." Camryn says as he turns around looking at the two of them.
"Oh hey. Thanks. Hi Aidan." Oliver greets Aidan with a smile and a wave.
"Hey." Aidan smiles.
"Since I don't recall Aidan being here at one of my parties, here at this cool party we have the pool of course," Oliver points at the pool filled with energized, wild teenagers.
"Then we have the Xbox one in the living room," Oliver turns to the direction of the living room, where a few people are at.
"We have pizza and—"
"Pizza? Did you just say Pizza?!" Camryn excitedly asks.
"Yeah over there." Oliver points at the table with a pizza box.
"See you guys. I'm going to be over there the whole party." Camryn says before running over to the box of pizza, taking a piece and stuffing it in her mouth.
"We also have drinks which are in the cooler next to the table. I think I'm going to have to order more pizza." Oliver looks at Camryn.
"Yeah probably five more boxes." Aidan laughs and soon has Oliver laughing after.
"You wanna join the game in the pool? We are currently playing 'Marco, Polo'." Oliver jumps into the pool.
"Yeah!" Aidan replies excitedly. Aidan walks down the little steps and into the pool.
"Aidan's Marco!" A classmate shouts causing people to swim away from her in the pool.
"Aw man. I hate being it. Alright, Marco!" She closes her eyes and stretches her arms out to find people in the pool and help her from getting injured.
"Polo!" A group of people yell.
"Marco?!" Aidan continues swimming around. Then she feels an arm and smirks.
"Ha. I got you! You're it now." Aidan opens her eyes and clears her vision. She looks at the person noticing their facial features were familiar. It was a boy with dark brown hair along with brown eyes.
"Joey?" Aidan continues blinking her eyes repeatedly only realizing that it wasn't a dream.
"Hey Aidan." Joey shyly waves and looks at the ground.
"I didn't know you were going to be here." Aidan fake smiles at him.
"Me neither." Joey shortly looks at Aidan then back at the ground. They continue to stand across from each other remaining silent and looking away from each other.
"Well, I have to go now." Aidan lies turning on her heel. Before she starts walking away from him, Joey grabs her arm and pulls it softly. Aidan turns around and faces Joey again revealing her confused facial expression.
"Seriously? You just got here. Why do you have to leave now?" He questions her. She sighs.
"Because I'm not feeling well." She lies again not making any eye contact with Joey.
"Oh. Well hope you feel better. See you around I guess." Joey awkwardly states.
"Thanks. Well bye." Aidan waves and turns on her heel. As she walks away, she feels the burn of eyes, his eyes staring at her. She searches for Camryn until she recalls the last place that she saw Camryn. She walks over to Camryn and taps on her shoulder.
"Hey um Camryn, can you take me home I'm not feeling good?"
"Sorry I can't. I busy eating." Camryn holds up a piece of pizza and takes a bite of it.
"Ok then." Aidan sighs and walks around the party thinking.
"I guess I have no choice." She walks back over to Joey and nervously taps him on the shoulder, trying to get his attention.
"Hey. I thought you said that you were sick and leaving."
"Yeah, but I don't have anyone that can take me home, especially not someone that is "busy" eating pizza." She smiles at the last thing she said. Joey smiles too.
"I can take you home." Joey suggests.
"That's what I was hoping for in the first place."
"Hey Oliver, I'll be back in a few minutes and then we can play that game." Joey yells as he points to Aidan. Joey leads the way to his car. They get in and Joey turns the ignition, starting the car. He drives away from the party to the direction of Aidan's house.

When they arrive, Aidan hops out of the car and starts walking onto the grass, but then she hears running  and turns around seeing that it was Joey running to her. He stops running once he stands next to her and looks at her.
"Sorry if I startled you. I was just trying to walk you to your door." Joey breathes heavily, sounding exhausted.
"Oh, ok then." She giggles and walks with Joey up to the door both being silent. She pulls a key out and opens the door. She turns around and smiles at Joey.
"Thanks." She says as she opens the door, walking inside and turns around looking at Joey.
"See you around Joey." She waves and smiles at him. Joey responds by nodding his head and turns on his heel, walking to his car. He gets in his car and drives away. Aidan closes and locks the door, then walking to her room. She arrives in her room and grabs a book on her nightstand and starts reading it.
"Wait, I already read this book four times." She rolls her eyes and picks up her phone. She unlocks her phone right as Camryn calls her. She accepts the call and listens for Camryn's voice.
"Hey, sorry I couldn't take you home, even though I could." Camryn apologizes.
"Hey that's ok. I know you were 'busy' eating pizza." Aidan laughs and Camryn chuckles.
"So how was the ride home?" Camryn questions with a smirk.
"The ride home with Joey? What about it?" Aidan asks with a confused expression coming upon her face
"Well I know you two are not together, but did you ever talk to him about it? You know"
"What about our past relationship would he want to talk about? He is the one that broke up with me. He doesn't miss me." Aidan explains sounding sad.
"Well guess what? He actually does miss you."
"What do you mean?" Aidan questions with confusion.
"He does Aidan. Almost everyone noticed that he misses you. At the party after you talked to him, he suddenly became gloomy and didn't want to play with everyone else in the pool, and yes I did see because all I was doing was eating pizza on the ground." Camryn smiles as Aidan chuckles.
"How am I suppose to know if he actual feels that way?" She questions sounding frustrated.
"Just call him or talk to him tomorrow after school I don't know. This is about you and him, so you should figure out what." Camryn says.
"Thanks Camryn for telling me that." Aidan smiles.
"Bye Aidan."
"Bye Camryn hope to see you tomorrow at school." Aidan ends the call and sits on the bed thinking. She then lays down on her bed thinking about it.