Best Song Ever - Prologue

Welcome! This is the Prologue to Midnight Memories! I'm not sure if I've already said this but the songs won't all be in order so the one-shot story can actually make sense, because of all the confusing stuff I already explained in the Extra Material book. Also, the chapters won't all be written like this either, just the Prologue and the Epilogue, which goes for all the books in the series, which I'll be renaming once I think of a better name for the series. I'll be writing the chapters in POVs and all, and the lyrics probably won't be there. Also, the chapters will be in skipped lines and paragraphs, whereas this is all in paragraphs, because I don't like writing in one long huge paragraph, it just bugs me. I'll try and have a picture on every chapter, even if its just something that made me laugh that I wannt to show you, I'm just like that :) Also I'll probably only have Author's Notes at the bottom of the the chapter because I think it makes it all the more neater. Other than that, any important words will be in CAPITALS until I can get to a computer and change them to italics since I write the majority of my work on my iPad. Wattpad should really get Auto Correct because I tend to make mistakes but I read over them so don't worry :) The LAST thing I have to say is this story starts in June of 2013 so Jade is still 19 going 20 and Liam got his kidney operation in 2013 instead of 2012 so, yeah. I know this is quite long so I'll shut up and let you read now ;)

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Maybe it's the way she walked

Straight into my heart and stole it

Through the door and passed the guards

Just like she already owned it

Jade leaned her head against the wall as she sat curled up on the floor, knees up to her chest and head above. Her light brown somewhat wavy hair shielded her face from the dry tears that escaped her eyes, but the revelation that her mam had cancer was too much for her. So she was going to sit there, crying on the floor of a Hospital Waiting Room and hope that her mam was okay. Or, she could be the strong yet innocent girl her mam raised her to be and assure her that everything would be fine. She didn't know what to think. But, Jade didn't want to think. She wanted to do. More composed, she picked herself up and dusted off her jumper and shorts. She was going to be confident. Striding forward, her confidence becoming slightly stronger than her self-pity, she found herself colliding into a hard surface, which turned out to be a man's body. Jumping backwards, she looked up to see the face of a curly-haired green-eyed boy, who she recognised as Britain's Biggest Womaniser, Harry Styles. She stared at him for a second before swiftly gliding past him, without a single word.

I said "Can I take you home with me?"

She said "Never in your wildest dreams!"

Harry, not letting a moment pass him, held her arm and spun her around to face him. Her eyes were bloodshot and her light brown hair swept down her back and shoulders. Ultimately, Harry found her (apart from her teary eyes) absolutely breathtaking. He didn't exactly know why he stopped her, other than the fact that he wanted to see her face properly. 'Who are you?' He asked, keeping his grip on her hands. She thought for a moment, it seemed, before saying 'A girl that doesn't want to talk to you.' She wasn't really trying to be mean, but she really didn't want to talk to him. Other than the fact that she believed he was a self-absorbed git, she wanted to see her mam. Harry was taken aback by her answer as she broke free of him and walked away. 'That was rude, you know!' He called. She stopped and pointed at a sign before walking away.

NO YELLING PERMITTED

He sighed and sat on one of the chairs, waiting for one of the boys to enter. Niall came out of the Operation Room where Liam was with a worried expression just as Zayn walked in. 'Liam?' asked Harry standing up. 'Yeah, I got the message. How's he holding up?' Zayn asked, as the twenty-year-olds turned to face the Irish lad. He stared at them for a moment. 'I'm giving up my kidney' he said absently. 'You're giving up your kidney?' The three turned to see Louis staring in shock. After the statement was said the same light brown haired girl Harry attempted to flirt with came out from behind a wall. 'What's wrong with Liam's kidney?'