22) One Last Thing

The last line of the prophecy came true. 'And to a baby life must tend.' I was the baby, and I had to relive my life. I had to go through all the major experiences again, but the Olympians let me skip a couple years. I started when that neon pink pigeon dropped me off at my mother's mountain. Since then, I have done a great multitude of things, including get my staff. I still remember everything, even my horrible step-father. I am very glad I didn't have to go through that again. Speaking of parents and offspring, my current children are unaffected. They don't have to relive their lives.

Surprisingly, I felt content. I have become a god, for the third time, I think, which is a record. Apollo and I have made up and reinstated our friendship. I have grown kinder to Athena, considering how many times she helped me. The Olympians are slowly learning to accept the fact that I was a demigod, but it has sort of turned into a nickname I am not fond of.

They keep wanting me to try things I've never done before. One of those is swimming. You'd think as the god of travel I would have been able to swim. But that's the one method of travel I have never explored. I don't like the water, but Poseidon doesn't seem to understand that. It went like this:

I was minding my own business in my room, when a shirtless Apollo barged in. "Hey, Hermes! What are you doing?"

"Nothing." I said quietly. "What are you so excited about? And put a shirt on."

He smirked. "Why? You jealous of my glorious figure?"

I rolled my eyes. "What glorious figure?"

This, of course, started a fight between us, and we bantered for a good twenty minutes before Artemis stopped us. "As much as I appreciate that you are battling this idiot for me, we have to go." Ignoring his objections, she dragged Apollo away. When they had left, I realized Artemis had dragged away my entertainment and I was alone. Naturally, I went after the twins.

I found them on a boat with the rest of my literally insane family. I swear everyone would have killed each other if they weren't immortal. It was a large party yacht, with the event in full swing. Forgetting about Apollo and Artemis, I joined in. Who'd say no to a moonlit celebration with lights, music, and most importantly, alcohol?!

Grabbing a beer and walking to where most of the noise was coming from, I saw no one was there. I looked over the side and saw everyone was in the water. "Come on in Hermes!" Apollo called from below. "The water feels amazing!"

I shook my head, backing away from the railing. "You can't even feel the water, Apollo!" I called back. Being the god of the sun, water boils and steams around him so he doesn't get wet.

"Come on, Hermes!" Poseidon said. When I refused again, he asked, "Why not?"

"My wings can't get wet." I lied confidently.

"Oh please!" Apollo groaned, rolling his eyes. "I've seen them wet." After a few seconds, he teleported right next to me on the yacht. When he had everyone's attention, Apollo smiled. I got the feeling I was not going to like what he was going to say. "I know why he won't go in. Hermes, the god of travel and commerce, can't swim!"

Shocked expressions spread through ten faces as they realized his words were true. I blushed, trying to hide, but to no avail. Poseidon appeared by my side and shoved Apollo overboard. "Okay, Hermes. You can't swim. Not going to lie, there is much to be ashamed of in that, but we're going to fix it!"

"How?" I asked, scared of the answer.

"There is only one way to teach someone how to swim." He said confidently. Before I could do anything about it, Poseidon tied my wings against my back and clamped a metal bracelet around my wrist. "To prevent you from teleporting out." The god said, indicating the bracelet.

"Now what?" I asked, again fearing the reply.

"You know." Poseidon said, with a smile. "If you don't want to be a land-lover for all eternity,-" He patted the water. "-get a move on."

Taking a deep breath, I ran and leapt into the Atlantic Ocean.